|Computer Engineering||AI Engineering|
|University Requirements||20 Cr.Hrs.||20 Cr.Hrs.|
|Mathematics & Basic Science||36 Cr.Hrs.||36 Cr.Hrs.|
|Computer Science & Engineering||49 Cr.Hrs.||49 Cr.Hrs.|
|AI Science & Engineering||6 Cr.Hrs.||30 Cr.Hrs.|
|Advanced Specialty Requirements||36 Cr.Hrs.||12 Cr.Hrs.|
|Project & Training||10 Cr.Hrs.||10 Cr.Hrs.|
|Total||157 Cr.Hrs.||157 Cr.Hrs.|
The program concerns of qualifying an Engineering graduate specialized in Computer Engineering, capable of developing software and ensuring its quality. He can deal with cloud computing, mobile computing, embedded systems, and information networks and their security. The student can choose one of the following tracks:
- Embedded Systems
The program is concerned in preparing graduates specialized in designing embedded and distributed systems that are connected to the internet, in addition to analyzing the big data extracted from these systems.
- Cloud Computing
The track is concerned in preparing graduates capable of designing cloud-based systems and how to deal with distribution of big data associated with these systems.
- High Performance Computing
The track is concerned in preparing graduates capable of designing distributed systems and how to deal with distributed big data and analyzing them.
- Cyber Security
The track is concerned in preparing graduates capable of securing computer systems and networks and distinguish between different models of information technology security and the risks complemented the transfer of information and its storage. They will be capable of designing and developing secure systems, and discovering security vulnerability and how to fix them.
The main outcome of the proposed program is expert graduates in computer science specializations where the graduates achieve standards that exceeded NARS these graduate should be able to:
- Demonstrating inductive reasoning abilities, figuring general rules and conclusions about seemingly unrelated events.
- Using current advanced techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practices to specify, design, and implement computer-based systems.
- Recognizing the information requirements of various business activities on both operational and decision making levels.
- Tackling business problems using system analysis tools and techniques.
- Managing projects related to computer systems in diverse fields of applications.
- Implementing phases of the computer system development life cycle, procurement and installation of hardware, software design, data manipulation and system operations.
Specific attributes of Embedded Systems track:
- The ability to design embedded systems.
- The ability to design distributed systems connected to the internet.
- The ability to analyze big data from systems connected to the internet.
Specific attributes Cloud Computing track:
- The ability to design cloud-based systems.
- The ability to distribute the big data associated with cloud-based systems.
Specific attributes of High Performance Computing track:
- The ability to design distributed systems.
- The ability to perform parallel programming.
- The ability to distribute the big data associated with distributed systems.
Specific attributes of Cyber Security track:
- The ability to distinguish between different models of information technology security and the risks complemented the transfer of information and its storage.
- The ability to use the recent techniques in designing and developing secure systems.
- The ability to develop solutions to protect computer networks and information from threats and hacking on internal and external bands.
- International companies working in software.
- Computer components manufacturing companies.
- Digital transformation companies’ startups.