Prof. Dr. Essam Ahmed ElKordi
- Career Progression
- Administrative Positions
- Academic and Administrative Experience
- Consultative and Substantive Activities
- Ph.D. Civil Engineering, Northeastern University, Boston, MA, USA, 1992.
- M. Sc. Civil Engineering, Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt, 1985.
- B.Sc. Civil Engineering, Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt, 1981, Distinction (highest degree of honor).
- Professor of Structural Analysis, Faculty of Engineering – Alexandria University, March 2004– present.
- Associate Professor, Faculty of Engineering – Alexandria University, Jan. 1998– March 2004.
- Assistant Professor, Faculty of Engineering – Alexandria University, May 1992– Jan. 1998.
- Teaching Assistant/ Research Assistant, Faculty of Engineering – Northeastern University, Boston, MA, USA, Jan. 1987- April 1992.
- Assistant Lecturer – Faculty of Engineering – Alexandria University, Oct. 1985– May. 1992.
- Demonstrator – Faculty of Engineering – Alexandria University, Sep. 1981– Oct. 1985.
President of AlAlamein International University, Dec. 2020-Present.
Acting President of AlAlamein International University, Sep. 2020-Nov. 2020.
President, Alexandria University, Nov. 2016- Sep. 2020.
Vice President, Community Service and Environment Development, Nov. 2015- Nov.2016.
Consul and Director, Cultural & Educational Affairs, Consulate General of Egypt, Montreal, Canada, May 2014- Oct. 2015.
Supervising Cultural & Educational Affairs Office, Embassy of Egypt, Washington, USA, July 2014- Sep 2014.
Secretary-General, Education Development Fund, Cabinet of Ministers, EGYPT, Oct. 2009- Aug. 2012.
Dean, Faculty of Engineering – Alexandria University – Alexandria, EGYPT, Aug. 2008 – Sep. 2009.
Head of Project to establish a new Women’s Hospital, university blood bank and the new SMOUHA’ University Hospital in collaboration with the Ministry of Finance and the World Bank, Private Public Partnership Program (PPP Program), Sep. 2007- Sep. 2009.
Executive Manager, Projects Management Unit – Alexandria University – Alexandria, EGYPT, Aug. 2006 – Sep. 2009.
Acting Chairman, Civil Engineering Department – Faculty of Engineering – Beirut Arab University – Beirut – Lebanon, Feb. 1998- Aug. 1998.
- Chairman of the Committee to follow up the implementation of the decisions of the Supreme Council of Universities regarding future plans for the study and examination system, April 2020-sep 2020
- President of the Confremo (French-Speaking Universities) Conference, December 2019 for 2 years.
- Chairman of the Committee formed to prepare a report about establishing community colleges in Egyptian universities, August 2019
- Member of the Council of Private Universities, August 2019- now
- Chairman of the Committee of the Direct Agreement for the selection of the architectural company to build the “House of Egypt” in the International University City in Paris, august 2019- now
- Member of the Egyptian National Committee for Education, Science and Culture (UNESCO – Alexo – ISESCO), July 2019- Sep.2020
- Chairman of the Committee for the selection of new universities presidents, February 2019- April 2020
- Member of the Executive Council of the Islamic Universities League, April 2018- Sep.2020
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology (E-JUST), May 2017- Present.
- Member of Association of Arab Universities (AARU), oct.2017- sep.2020
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Bibliotheca Alexandrina, November 2016- Present.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the City of Scientific Research & Technological Applications Authority (SRTA-City), November 2016- sep.2020
- Member of the Supreme Committee for Evaluation the Performance of Cultural Consul and attaché abroad, Jan. 2016- Present.
- Member of Scientific Research Committee, Academic year 2013- 2014.
- An expert member of the committee of the fall-prone buildings grievances, 2013- 2014.
- Member of the Committee for Evaluation the Performance of Higher Engineering Institutions, 2008- Present.
- Member of the Committee for Evaluation the Engineering distinctive programs, 2008- 2014.
- Member of the Board of Trustees of E-Learning University, Jan. 2010- July 2012.
- Member of the Board of Trustees of Egypt- Japan University for Science and Technology, 2009- July 2012.
- Member of the Engineering Sector Committee of Supreme Council of Universities, 2008- 2010 Cycle.
- The Engineering Consultant of Alexandria University, Aug. 2008- Sep.2009.
- Attending the sessions of the management skills and financial and legal aspects, 2006.
- Member of the committee for the self-assessment of Alexandria University Strategic Plan, 2007.
- An expert member of the committee of the fall-prone buildings, 2000- 2004.
- Member of the Egyptian Concrete Society, 1992- Present.
- A structural designer authorized by “Accumulate Egyptian Civil Liability Insurance” (Almogammaa Alashria) to evaluate and to approve the structural design of buildings in the metropolitan area of Alexandria Governorate “Alexandria, Elbehera, and Marsa Matruh”.
- Designer and engineer supervisor, since 1981.
The number of publications around 45 papers in refereed Journals and International conferences