- University Requirements: 20 Cr.Hrs.
- General Field Requirements: 24 Cr.Hrs.
- Specialization Requirements: 91 Cr. Hrs.
- Specialization Requirements (Elective): 9 Cr. Hrs.
- Practical Internship Requirements 2 Cr. Hrs.
Total: 146 Cr.Hrs.
**Practical Summer Internship (Summer Training):
Students must pass practical internship:
- 1st (between the second & third level), Practical Internship
- 2nd (between the third & fourth level), 4 weeks between each level
The interior design program strikes a balance between creativity and thoughtful design thinking. The program is designed to equip our graduates with problem-solving techniques, study them in detail, and explore design environments where people grow with the development of an in-depth understanding of how ideas evolve from design to manufacturing, to marketing. The interior design & furniture studios offer mastery of evidence-based design, development of effective presentation capabilities and acquisition of vital professional skills.
Collective collaboration among student groups reflects the team’s practices while providing field visits, allowing students to communicate with faculty members permanently, and working to achieve the concept of the relationship between space and human interaction, with the built environments. The faculty will interact with industry mentors for research and development purposes and document a large scale project, from the initial concept up to the work drawings and documents. In addition, it will help achieve linkage between the concept of design, community, surrounding environment and design industry.
- The program focuses on human-centered design as a product of strategic thinking and R & D, reflecting the dynamics of the actual industry based on realistic design scenarios through practical projects.
- The program covers four years of study and design application, starting from the first year. By the end of the second year, students will be provided with a range of 2D and 3D visual communication skills, as well as a range of drawing and digital presentation techniques.
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques, expertise in computer aided design, problem identification, user needs assessment, and technically sound design solution development that are introduced to students.
- The program develops the skills of education and self-learning, which in turn develops the minds of students and their abilities to create and innovate, and provide them with the skills and abilities necessary for self-employment, to create jobs rather than hunt them.
- The program helps students fetch alternative local raw materials that are suitable for local product design conditions, capable to compete on local and regional levels. It also provides them with the skill to prepare the final models that are up to par with the initial and final designs of the industrial product. This expands the student’s capabilities in the field of research, analytical fields and various experiments.
- Companies and consulting firms in the field of interior design.
- Design, planning, quality, inspection (in the field of interior design).
- Interior design of plants of various types and forms.
- Technical offices for interior design.
- Production of virtual shots of the project design developed by the graduate
- Research and monitoring centers and universities.
- Business and consultancy related to specialization.
- Research and development bodies and design centers