- University Requirements: 20 Cr.Hrs.
- General Field Requirements: 24 Cr.Hrs.
- Specialization Requirements: 94 Cr. Hrs.
- Specialization Requirements (Elective): 6 Cr. Hrs.
Total: 144 Cr.Hrs.
**Practical Summer Internship (Summer Training):
Students must pass practical internship:
- 1st (between the second & third level), Practical Internship
- 2nd (between the third & fourth level), 4 weeks between each level
Graphic Design and branding program engage students in interdisciplinary problem-solving, combining visual sensitivity with skill and knowledge in the fields of communication, technology and business. It focuses on using design to address key issues in branding. It examines how design thinking can develop a new brand, improve or expand an existing brand and enhance customer engagement.
This innovative program integrates traditional professional training in graphic design with projects developed using digital and new multi-media systems. It also prepares graduates to work as professionals. Students learn to structure visual information to aid communication in both print and digital and screen-based formats, and employ these skills in the creation of advertising, editorial, branding, and information design.
Graduates should be able to:
- Understand the principles and foundations of graphic fields.
- Learn about the role of graphic arts in communities
- Understand the unique geographical characteristics of the areas of specialization.
- Know the laws governing ethics internationally, regionally and locally.
- Know the modern trends in his field.
- Understand the foundations of building artwork related to the field of specialization.
- To be familiar with the terms of specialization in different languages.
- Understand the possibility of benefiting from the customs, traditions and cultural values of different peoples in his graphic works.
- Understanding and Application of fundamental concepts of visualizing information.
- Determining the different characteristics and components of the technical and commercial purposes in his graphic works
- Analyze the evaluation of the impact of artistic trends and impacts throughout the history of its development until modern times.
- Analyze technical works and propose solutions to their technical problems and balance.
- Identify and know the different types of devices used in the areas of specialization.
- Performing the required design work related to the areas of specialization.
- Use and mastery of the technical approach that enables him to deal with his design in his fields of expertise from a variety of experiences.
- Read and analyze artwork.
- Develop different perceptions of the idea to be expressed.
- To be acquainted with the means and methods of advertising and artistic trends affecting his society.
- Apply foundational knowledge, skills and behaviors necessary to be successful as design professions.
- Competent critical language for analyzing and evaluating their own design work and the work of others.
- Communicate effectively to a wide variety of audiences, verbally, in writing and digitally.
- Critically thinking and aesthetic judgments in creating computer graphics, Brand identities and digital media.
- Practice a variety of approaches and creative experiments to problem solving through design.
- Design for a variety of media including print and interactive, and proficiency in matching media to content.
- Employ these skills in a professional design environment and work professionally in a team.
- Solve communication problems, including the skills of problem identification, research and information gathering, analysis, generation of alternative solutions, prototyping and user testing, and evaluation of outcomes.
- Design studios, advertising agencies, TV channels, magazines, web/interactive studios, corporations with in-house design departments, government agencies, or educational institutions. Graduates may also choose to work independently as freelance graphic designers.
- In the field of: Advertising, Branding, Visual Identities, Web Design, Packaging, Print and digital Design, Data Visualization.