- University Requirements: 20 Cr.Hrs.
- General Field Requirements: 24 Cr.Hrs.
- Specialization Requirements: 94 Cr. Hrs.
- Specialization Requirements (Elective): 6 Cr. Hrs.
Total: 144 Cr.Hrs.
**Practical Summer Internship (Summer Training):
Students must pass practical internship:
- 1st (between the second & third level), Practical Internship
- 2nd (between the third & fourth level), 4 weeks between each level
The furniture design program allows multifaceted exposure to both the most advanced and sophisticated processes and materials with the development of an in-depth understanding of how ideas evolve from design, to manufacturing, to marketing.
The program begins with the study of the basic elements such as the two-dimensional and three-dimensional design, drawing and CAD design before moving to the intensive and meticulous design of furniture that includes decoration, detailing, digital modelling, design development, sustainable materials and processes, industry trends and practices covering local, regional and international market demands.
- The program focuses on human-centred design as a product of strategic thinking and R & D, reflecting the dynamics of the actual industry based on realistic design scenarios through practical projects.
- The program has four years of study and design application, starting from the first year. By the end of the second year, the student will be provided with a range of 2D and 3D visual communication skills, as well as a range of drawing and digital presentation techniques.
- Students acquire full knowledge of manufacturing techniques and expertise in computer aided design, problem identification, user needs assessment, and technically sound design solutions development.
- The program develops the skills of self-education and self-learning, which in turn develop the minds of students and their abilities to create and innovate, and provide them with the skills and abilities necessary for self-employment, to create jobs rather than hunt them.
- Finding alternative local raw materials suitable for the local product design conditions of local and regional competitiveness, with the final models that simulate the initial and final designs of the industrial product, will expand students’ capabilities in the field of research, analytical fields and various experiments.
- Furniture designers in factories and industrial companies in the design of furniture and related products.
- Production, planning, quality, inspection (in various industries)
- Design and production of various kinds of products.
- Technical offices for design in companies and factories.
- Design and production of models. (Prototype)
- Research and monitoring centres and universities.
- Business and consultancy related to specialization.
- Research and development bodies and design centres furniture industry.