Alamein International University at New Alamein City is looking for strong candidates to fulfill the open “Web Developer & Social Media Moderator” position who will be responsible for developing and/or designing websites for the university. The applicant will be working alongside a team of other developers in creating, maintaining, and updating our websites.
- Website and software application designing, building, or maintaining.
- Using scripting or authoring languages, management tools, content creation tools, applications, and digital media.
- Conferring with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Directing or performing Website updates.
- Developing or validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Editing, writing, or designing Website content, and directing team members who produce content.
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest Web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Back up files from Web sites to local directories for recovery.
- Analyzing information to recommend and plan the installation of new systems or modifications of an existing system.
- Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or relevant experience. Post graduate degree is a plus.
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
- Fluency or understanding of specific languages, such as Java, PHP, or Python, and operating systems.
- Solid knowledge and experience in programming applications.
- Proficient in My SQL.
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Dedicated team player.
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent English language command (writing and speaking).
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the interview process.