Alamein International University is looking for candidates to fulfill the open Teaching Assistant positions in the Computer Science and Computer Engineering Departments.
- Job Title: Teaching Assistant
- Job Location: Alamein International University, New Alamein City, Matrouh Governate
- Job Nature: Full Time
- Working Hours: 9am-4pm, Sunday to Thursday
- Contract Duration: one year contract, renewable based on performance evaluation and university needs.
The Teaching Assistants shall be responsible for co-teaching tutorials and labs of computer science and engineering courses. The duties and responsibilities and minimum required qualifications are listed below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend the course lectures for the assigned courses.
- Teaching load of 16-24 hours per week of tutorials and labs.
- Assist in preparing courses assignments and labs and answer keys for assignments under the guidance of the course instructor.
- Conducting research under the supervision of the existing Faculty members.
- Exams proctoring and attendance recording
- Assist in grading assignments, quizzes, lab exams, and midterm exams.
- Interact with the students using the discussion groups and forms on the LMS.
- Assist in developing and customizing software systems used in the University.
- Submit a report by the end of each semester with his/her achievements.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the upper administration.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- A recent Bachelor’s degree, of 2017 or later, in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent degree from an accredited university. Minimum graduation GPA is 2.7 or equivalent or a recent Master degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent degree from an accredited university with a Bachelor degree of 2015 or later.
- Teaching experience is a plus
- Applicants with graduation projects or practical experience in the field of Cyber Security, Embedded Systems, or Artificial Intelligence are preferred.
- Excellent programming skills. Practical experience in web and mobile development is a plus.
- Excellent Communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Excellent English language command (writing and speaking).
Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview and presentation.
- Misrepresentation or omitting any facts relevant to the hiring process in your application and CV or during the interview may result in terminating the hiring process or the contract in addition to any subsequent actions.
- You are expected to provide reference and employment letters.
How to Apply:
Strong candidates are encouraged to apply through the application link and then send their up-to-date CV to FCSE@aiu.edu.eg with the following subject “Applying for the open Teaching Assistant position at Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering”.
*Deadline for application is 11 July 2022