Alamein International University is looking for candidates to fulfill the following open positions in the Faculty of Engineering:
- Chemical Engineering Teaching Assistant
- Gas and Petrochemical Teaching Assistant
- Job Title: Teaching Assistant
- Job Location: Alamein International University, New Alamein City, Matrouh Governate
- Job Nature: Full Time
- Working Hours: 9am-4pm, Sunday to Thursday
- Contract Duration: one year contract, renewable based on performance evaluation and university needs.
The Teaching Assistants shall be responsible for co-teaching tutorials, labs practical sessions in the faculty of Engineering. The duties and responsibilities and minimum required qualifications are listed below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend the course lectures for the assigned courses.
- Teaching load of 16-24 hours per week of tutorials, labs, and practical sessions.
- Commitment to official working hours Sun-Thu (9:00 am – 4:00 pm).
- Assist in preparing courses assignments and labs and answer keys for assignments under the guidance of the course instructor.
- Conducting research under the supervision of the existing Faculty members.
- Exams proctoring and attendance recording.
- Assist in grading assignments, quizzes, lab exams, practical sessions, and course exams.
- Hold office hours (face-to-face and online) to support students.
- Help in managing the course LMS contents.
- Interact with the students using the discussion groups and forms on the LMS.
- Supervise labs facilities.
- Submit a report by the end of each semester with all his/her teaching, research, and community service achievements.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the upper administration.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree of 2019 or later, in one of the fields above from an accredited university. The minimum graduation GPA is 3.5 (or 90% in the non-credit hour system)
- Teaching experience is a plus.
- Practical Experience is a plus.
- Excellent Communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Excellent English language command (writing and speaking).
- Applicant must hold Egyptian citizenship
Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview and presentation that highlights his/her strengths.
- Misrepresentation or omitting any facts relevant to the hiring process in your application and CV or during the interview may result in terminating the hiring process or the contract in addition to any subsequent actions.
- You are expected to provide reference and employment letters.
How to Apply:
Strong candidates are encouraged to apply through the application link and then send their up-to-date CV to FEng@aiu.edu.eg with the following subject “Applying for the open Teaching Assistant position at the Faculty of Engineering”.
*Deadline for application is 23 July 2022