Alamein International University is looking for candidates to fulfill the following open position:
Teaching Assistant in Business Information Systems
- Job Title: Business Information Systems Teaching Assistant
- Job Location: Alamein International University, New Alamein City, Matrouh Governate
- Job Nature: Full Time.
- Working Hours: 9am-4pm, Sunday to Thursday
- Contract Duration: one year contract, renewable based on performance evaluation and university needs.
The Teaching Assistant will be responsible for co-teaching tutorials and labs of Information Systems courses. The duties and responsibilities and minimum required qualifications are listed below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend the course lectures for the assigned courses.
- Teaching load of 16-24 hours per week of tutorials and labs.
- Assist in preparing courses assignments and labs and answer keys for assignments under the guidance of the course instructor.
- Conducting research under the supervision of the faculty members.
- Exams proctoring and attendance recording
- Assist in grading assignments, quizzes, lab exams, and midterm exams.
- Hold office hours (face-to-face and online) to support students.
- Help in managing the course LMS contents
- Interact with the students using the discussion groups and forms on the LMS.
- Submit a report by the end of each semester with his/her achievements.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the upper administration.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- A recent Bachelor’s degree (graduation year 2020 or newer), in Business Information systems or Management Information systems from a Faculty of Commerce or a Faculty of Business of an accredited university. Minimum graduation GPA of 3.6 or equivalent.
- Solid programming and database knowledge and skills.
- Applicants with graduation projects or practical experience in software development, system analysis and design, database design, E-commerce and E-Marketing, content management systems are preferred.
- Teaching experience is a plus
- Excellent Communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a teams.
- Excellent English language command (writing and speaking).
Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview and presentation.
- Misrepresentation or omitting any facts relevant to the hiring process in your application and CV or during the interview may result in terminating the hiring process or the contract in addition to any subsequent actions.
- You are expected to provide reference and employment letters.
How to Apply:
Strong candidates are encouraged to apply through the application link and then send their up-to-date CV in addition to supportive documents to email@example.com with the following subject “Applying for the open Teaching Assistant position at Faculty of Business”.
*Deadline for application is 17 January 2023