Alamein International University is looking for candidates to fulfill the open Teaching Assistant (Holder of MSc. Degree) positions in the Faculty of Dentistry, Department of Prosthetic Dentistry (Removable prosthodontics) and Department of Conservative Dentistry (Operative dentistry, Endodontics).
- Job Title: Teaching Assistant (Holder of MSc. Degree)
- Job Location: Alamein International University, New Alamein City, Matrouh Governate
- Job Nature: Full Time
- Working Hours: 9am-4pm, Sunday to Thursday
- Contract Duration: one year contract, renewable based on performance evaluation and university needs.
The Teaching Assistants shall be responsible for co-teaching tutorials , labs and clinics in the faculty of dentistry courses. The duties and responsibilities and minimum required qualifications are listed below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend the course lectures for the assigned courses.
- Teaching load of 16-24 hours per week of tutorials ,labs and clinics.
- Commitment to official working hours Sun-Thu (9:00am-4:00pm)
- Assist in preparing courses assignments and labs and answer keys for assignments under the guidance of the course instructor.
- Conducting research under the supervision of the existing Faculty members.
- Exams proctoring and attendance recording
- Assist in grading assignments, quizzes, lab exams, pre-clinical , clinical and course exams.
- Hold office hours (face-to-face and online) to support students.
- Help in managing the course LMS contents
- Interact with the students using the discussion groups and forms on the LMS.
- Supervise labs facilities.
- Submit a report by the end of each semester with all his/her teaching, research, and community service achievements.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the upper administration.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Master degree from an accredited university, specialized in one of the fields listed above, with a GPA of 2.7 or equivalent.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Dentistry from an accredited university.
- Teaching experience is a plus.
- Knowledge about Accreditation process is a plus
- Practical Experience is a plus.
- Excellent Communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Excellent English language command (writing and speaking).
Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview and presentation.
- Misrepresentation or omitting any facts relevant to the hiring process in your application and CV or during the interview may result in terminating the hiring process or the contract in addition to any subsequent actions.
- You are expected to provide reference and employment letters.
How to Apply:
Strong candidates are encouraged to apply through the application link and then send their up-to-date CV to FDentistry@aiu.edu.eg with the following subject “Applying for the open Teaching Assistant (Holder of MSc. Degree) position at the Faculty of Dentistry”.
*Deadline for application is 17 July 2022