Alamein International University (AIU) is looking for candidates to fulfill the open Teaching Assistant position in the Faculty of Dentistry, in one of the following departments, Department of Prosthetic Dentistry (Fixed Prosthodontics) and Department of Conservative Dentistry (Operative dentistry, Endodontics).
The Teaching Assistants shall be responsible for co-teaching tutorials , labs and clinics in the faculty of dentistry courses. The duties and responsibilities and minimum required qualifications are listed below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend the course lectures for the assigned courses.
- Teaching load of 16-24 hours per week of tutorials ,labs and clinics.
- Assist in preparing courses’ assignments and labs and answer keys for assignments under the guidance of the course instructor.
- Conducting research under the supervision of the existing Faculty members.
- Exams proctoring and attendance recording
- Assist in grading assignments, quizzes, lab exams, pre-clinical , clinical and course exams.
- Interact with the students using the discussion groups and forms on the LMS.
- Submit a yearly report with his/her achievements.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the upper administration.
- Commitment to official working hours Sun-Thu (9:00am-4:00pm)
Minimum Job Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Dentistry from an accredited university (minimum of very good or GPA 3.5/4.0) .
- Master degree in one the above-mentioned specialties from an accredited University (GPA 3.5/4.0).
- Teaching experience is a plus.
- Excellent Communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Excellent English language command (writing and speaking).
Strong candidates are encouraged to apply through the application link and then send their up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject “Applying for the open Teaching Assistant position at the Faculty of Dentistry”.