AlAlamein International University is looking for candidates to fulfill the open Teaching Assistant positions in the Computer Science and Computer Engineering Departments. The Teaching Assistants shall be responsible for co-teaching tutorials and labs of computer science and engineering courses. The duties and responsibilities and minimum required qualifications are listed below. Strong candidates are encouraged to apply through the application link and then send their up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject “Applying for the open Teaching Assistant position at Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering”.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend the course lectures for the assigned courses.
- Teaching load of 16-24 hours per week of tutorials and labs.
- Assist in preparing courses assignments and labs and answer keys for assignments under the guidance of the course instructor.
- Conducting research under the supervision of the existing Faculty members.
- Exams proctoring and attendance recording
- Assist in grading assignments, quizzes, lab exams, and midterm exams.
- Interact with the students using the discussion groups and forms on the LMS.
- Assist in developing and customizing software systems used in the University.
- Submit a yearly report with his/her achievements.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the upper administration.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- A recent Bachelor’s degree, of 2018 or 2019 or 2020, in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited university. Minimum graduation grade is Very Good or equivalent grade or a recent Master degree from an accredited university with a Bachelor degree of 2016 or later.
- Teaching experience is a plus
- Applicants with graduation projects or practical experience in the field of Artificial Intelligence are preferred.
- Excellent programming skills. Practical experience in web and mobile development is a plus.
- Excellent Communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Excellent English language command (writing and speaking).