Alamein International University is looking for candidates to fulfill the following open position in the Faculty of Engineering:
- Electronics Engineering & Communications Teaching Assistant.
The Teaching Assistant shall be responsible for demonstrating practical work of general and advanced Electronics Engineering & Communications courses and conducting and promoting research in the University, beside the accreditation and administrative work. The duties and responsibilities and minimum required qualifications are listed below.
- Job Title: Electronics Engineering & Communications Teaching Assistant
- Job Location: Alamein International University, New Alamein City, Matrouh Governate
- Job Nature: Full Time
- Working Hours: 9am-4pm, 4/5 days per week
- Contract Duration: one year contract, renewable based on performance evaluation and university needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend the course lectures for the assigned courses.
- Teaching load of 24-30 hours per week of tutorials for the fall and spring semesters and 6-10 hours in the summer semester, including all related preparation, examination, and accreditation work.
- Assist in preparing courses assignments and labs and answer keys for assignments under the guidance of the course instructor.
- Be able to use professionally all Electronics and Communications Engineering laboratory equipment’s.
- Help in preparing documents for quality and accreditation.
- Conducting research under the supervision of the existing Faculty members.
- Exams proctoring and attendance recording
- Assist in grading assignments, quizzes, lab exams, and midterm exams.
- Hold office hours (face-to-face and online) to support students.
- Help in managing the course LMS contents
- Interact with the students using the discussion groups and forms on the LMS.
- Submit a yearly report with his/her achievements.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the upper administration.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- B.Sc. degree in Engineering (Electronics and Communications Engineering field) from accredited university, with minimum GPA 3.5/4.0 (graduation year 2020 or newer).
- Has the potential to assist in Accreditation process.
- Capable of operating Electronics and Communications Engineering equipment.
- Outstanding portfolio that includes other experiences related to university functions and activities that may contribute to AIU’s success is a plus.
- Excellent Communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Excellent English language command (writing and speaking).
- Applicant must hold Egyptian citizenship.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview and presentation.
- Misrepresentation or omitting any facts relevant to the hiring process in your application and CV or during the interview may result in terminating the hiring process or the contract in addition to any subsequent actions.
- You are expected to provide reference and employment letters.
How to Apply:
Strong candidates are encouraged to apply through the application link below, this will require uploading an up-to-date CV (including sections for scientific degrees, academic experience, research experience, and administrative experience) and a voice recording in English for initial screening.
*Deadline for application is 10 July 2023