Alamein International University is looking for candidates to fulfill the open Teaching Assistant positions in the Computer Science and Computer Engineering Departments.
The Teaching Assistants shall be responsible for co-teaching tutorials and labs of computer science and engineering courses. The duties and responsibilities and minimum required qualifications are listed below.
- Job Title: Teaching Assistant
- Job Location: Alamein International University, New Alamein City, Matrouh Governate
- Job Nature: Full Time
- Working Hours: 9am-4pm, 4/5 days per week
- Contract Duration: one year contract, renewable based on performance evaluation and university needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend the course lectures for the assigned courses.
- Teaching load of 24-30 hours weekly ( Fall & Spring Semesters) and 6-9 hours weekly ( Summer Semester), 4-5 days per week of tutorials and labs.
- Assist in preparing courses assignments and labs and answer keys for assignments under the guidance of the course instructor.
- Conducting research under the supervision of the existing Faculty members.
- Exams proctoring and attendance recording
- Assist in grading assignments, quizzes, lab exams, and midterm exams.
- Hold office hours (face-to-face and online) to support students.
- Help in managing the course LMS contents
- Interact with the students using the discussion groups and forms on the LMS.
- Assist in developing and customizing software systems used in the University.
- Submit a yearly report with his/her achievements.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the upper administration.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- A recent Bachelor’s degree, of 2019 or later, in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent degree from an accredited university. Minimum graduation GPA is 2.7 or equivalent or a recent Master degree, of 2019 or later , in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent degree from an accredited university with a Bachelor degree of 2015 or later.
- Teaching experience is a plus
- Applicants with graduation projects or practical experience in the field of Cyber Security, Embedded Systems, or Artificial Intelligence, Distributed Systems are preferred.
- Excellent programming skills. Practical experience in web and mobile development is a plus.
- Excellent Communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Excellent English language command (writing and speaking).
- Applicant must hold Egyptian citizenship.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview and presentation.
- Misrepresentation or omitting any facts relevant to the hiring process in your application and CV or during the interview may result in terminating the hiring process or the contract in addition to any subsequent actions.
- You are expected to provide reference and employment letters.
How to Apply:
Strong candidates are encouraged to apply through the application link below, this will require uploading an up-to-date CV (including sections for scientific degrees, academic experience, research experience, and administrative experience) and a voice recording in English for initial screening.
*Deadline for application is 2 July 2023