Alamein International University (AIU) is opening a job opportunity for the following position:
We are looking to hire a detail-oriented Senior Electrical Technician to install, maintain and repair different electrical systems. The Senior Electrical Technician will be skilled in all electrical system and the most updated technologies on the field and have the personality and technical knowledge to guide and train group of electrical technicians.
- Job Title: Senior Electrician
- Job Location: Alamein International University, New Alamein City, Matrouh Governate
- Job Nature: Full-time.
- Working Hours: 9am-4pm, Sunday to Thursday
- Contract Duration: one year contract, renewable based on performance evaluation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring or equipment
- Read technical diagrams and blueprints
- Capable to handle maintenance work for transformers, main station, substations and all kind of HT work.
- Perform general electrical maintenance
- Inspect transformers and circuit breakers and other electrical components
- Troubleshoot electrical issues using appropriate of testing devices
- Repair and replace equipment, electrical wiring, or fixtures
- Follow National Electrical Code state and local building regulations
- Circuit breaker & bus coupler corrective maintenance
- Good knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems
- Good knowledge of various test equipment
- Review stock spare materials and report any shortage.
- Receive complains from CAFM system help desk and follow up the closing process.
- To carry out other requests directed by the Management
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Technical/Industrial Diploma at least 3 years after Mid School.
- 5+ years as a senior electrician plus working knowledge MV andHV.
- Maximum age 40 years
- Thorough knowledge of Electrical systems operation.
- Considerable knowledge of the practices, methods, materials, and equipment used in the maintenance and repair of Electrical systems.
- Ability to diagnose Electrical system malfunctions and prescribe repair procedures
- Ability to train and supervise others
- Ability to prioritize, plan, assign, coordinate and direct the work of maintenance contractor Electricians and crew leaders
- English language (speak, write and read) is a plus
Short listed candidates will be invited for interview and exams.
- Misrepresentation or omitting any facts relevant to the hiring process in your application and CV or during the interview may result in terminating the hiring process or the contract in addition to any subsequent actions.
- AIU hiring policy does not permit to hire relatives of the non-academic staff up to the third degree.
- You are expected to provide reference and employment letters.
*Deadline for application is 15 January 2023