Alamein International University (AIU) is opening a job opportunity for the following position:
- SAFETY Supervisor.
- Department: Facilities and Operation Department
- Job Location: Alamein International University, New Alamein City, Matrouh Governate
- Job Nature: Full Time
- Contract Duration: one year contract, renewal is based on university needs and employee’s appraisal.
- Working Hours: 9am-4pm, Sunday to Thursday
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and promotes safety /loss prevention, occupational health and fire control programs.
- Prepare a complete specific safety plan and evacuation plans covering all hazards.
- Reviews and interprets national and international safety and fire standards.
- Determines applicability of these to the university. Oversees implementation of programs. Modifies programs as necessary.
- Ensures that buildings, equipment and machinery conform to safety requirements and practices, including installation.
- Monitors areas where there are health hazards from toxic chemicals, radiological or biological Substances or explosive materials to initiate recommendations for preventive safety measures, as well as institutes a systematic approach to management of hazardous materials and takes corrective action
- Oversees and supervises the employee safety and fire training programs, as well as on-job and off-job safety education.
- Acts as advisor to the Director and Support Services on all matters concerning safety / loss prevention.
- Plans, organizes, implements and coordinates Safety Department in order to provide high standard of a multiple trustworthy safety for employees, the university complex in order to meet the requirements of civil defense and standard safety codes.
- Establishes and develops the necessary Policies and / or Procedures for the control of safety performance within the different departments.
- Provides reports and information to the university departments on matters related to safety.
- Develops and interprets data regarding departmental activities, Evaluates department’s Safety culture and reports prior to FM director.
- Utilizes modern technology and procedures in the field of industrial safety and fire prevention to the best interest of the university.
- Ensures that all new projects, expansions and renovations are executed within the established industrial safety standards.
- Reports on all emergency calls.
- Manage activities of the safety section.
- Evaluates performance of subcontractors in respect of safety issues.
- Counsels subcontractors to improve performance.
- Recommends disciplinary action.
- Determines training needs of subcontractors.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in safety related field required
- 7 years of Experience in safety or related experience including five (5) years in supervisory capacity required.
- Experience in identifying hazards for chemicals, flammable and explosive materials and putting the right risk control measures
- Preferred to have experience in Education facilities as the work location will be Alamein university.
- Good Computer Skills.
- Preferred to have OSHA & NEBOSH AND IOSH courses and certification:
- Preferred to have Electric burns and disaster management, Basic and advanced quality, Strategic planning, resources and time management, and risk management training courses.
- Outgoing, pleasant attitude, good and friendly nature, people minded individual
- Excellent command in English language (speak, write and read).
Short listed candidates will be invited for interview and exams (Technical, English, and Computer exams).
- Misrepresentation or omitting any facts relevant to the hiring process in your application and CV or during the interview may result in terminating the hiring process (or the contract) in addition to any subsequent actions.
- AIU hiring policy does not permit to hire relatives of AIU non-academic staff, up to the third degree.
- You may be asked to provide reference and employment letters.
How to Apply:
Strong candidates are encouraged to apply for the job through the following job link at wuzzuf.net
*Deadline for application is 16 January 2022