Alamein International University (AIU) is opening a job opportunity for the following position:
- Develops and promotes safety /loss prevention, occupational health and fire control programs.
- Prepare a complete specific safety plan and evacuation plans covering all hazards.
- Reviews and interprets national and international safety and fire standards.
- Determines applicability of these to the university. Oversees implementation of programs. Modifies programs as necessary.
- Ensures that buildings, equipment, and machinery conform to safety requirements and practices, including installation.
- Monitors areas where there are health hazards from toxic chemicals, radiological or biological Substances or explosive materials to initiate recommendations for preventive safety measures, as well as institutes a systematic approach to management of hazardous materials and takes corrective actions.
- Oversees and supervises the employee safety and fire training programs, as well as on-job and off-job safety education.
- Establishes and develops the necessary Policies and / or Procedures for the control of safety performance within the different departments.
- Provides reports and information to the university departments on matters related to safety.
- Develops and interprets data regarding departmental activities, Evaluates department’s Safety culture.
- and reports prior to FM director.
- Utilizes modern technology and procedures in the field of industrial safety and fire prevention to the best interest of the university.
- Ensures that all new projects, expansions, and renovations are executed within the established.
- industrial safety standards.
- Reports on all emergency calls.
- Manage activities of the safety section.
- Evaluates performance of subcontractors in respect of safety issues.
- Determines training needs of subcontractors.
- Contributes to the overall success of the University by performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or institute.
- 10 years’ experience as health and safety Engineer.
- Maximum age 40 years (in 1/6/2023)
- Experience in identifying hazards for chemicals, flammable and explosive materials and putting the right risk control measures.
- OSHA Certified
- Preferred courses and certification: NEBOSH, IOSH, firefighting, Electric burns, risk management and disaster management.
- Experience in implementing ISO quality standards.
- Strong command in spoken and written English
- Good Computer Skills.
Short listed candidates will be invited for interview and exams.
- Misrepresentation or omitting any facts relevant to the hiring process in your application and CV or during the interview may result in terminating the hiring process or the contract in addition to any subsequent actions.
- AIU hiring policy does not permit to hire relatives of the non-academic staff up to the third degree.
- You are expected to provide reference and employment letters.
*Deadline for application is 10 May 2023