The Research and Innovation Hub at Alamein International University (AIU) seeks applications from qualified individuals for a Research Operations Manager position.
As a part of establishing a world-class research facility, AIU runs several core laboratories including Genomics, Proteomics/Metabolomics, Environmental Research, Mammalian Cell Culture, and Microbiology facilities. We are searching for experienced individuals with proven ability to operate, maintain, and coordinate the usage of various types of scientific research equipment including, but not limited to, NMR, LC/MS, GC/MS, NGS sequencers, HPLC, spectrophotometers, spectrofluorometers, biosafety cabinets, mammalian cell and prokaryotic cell incubators, and regular and fluorescent microscopes.
The successful applicant will be expected to develop standard operational procedures for the usage of all the components of the facility as well as follow up on the correct operation and maintenance, in addition to the ordering of consumables, and inventory maintenance. Occasionally, the facility manager will be required to hold training and certification sessions for users from different AIU departments and from external institutions. The successful candidate is expected to show a strong commitment to scientific research and will eventually be required to develop and contribute to multi-disciplinary scientific research projects. We especially encourage applications from candidates with both industry and academic backgrounds capable of implementing high standards of research laboratory operations.
- Job Title: Research Operations Manager
- Job Location: Alamein International University, New Alamein City, Matrouh Governate
- Job Nature: Full Time
- Working Hours: 9am-4pm, Sunday to Thursday
- Contract Term: one year contract, renewable based on performance evaluation and university needs.
- Management of the day-to-day operations of the Research and Innovation Hub (Ordering chemicals and supplies, arranging waste disposal services and procedures, preparation of laboratory budgets, forecasting of laboratory needs, estimation of service cost,…etc.)
- Development and updating of standard operational procedures of all facility equipment
- Ongoing communication with laboratory equipment suppliers for the purposes of periodic maintenance, certification, and follow up on the efficiency of the equipment
- Conducting periodic training sessions for the facility users and certification of the users for equipment operation
- Communication with various stakeholders in the community including other research institutions, universities, and industrial partners to advertise and market the research core capabilities and services to be offered for a fee
- Preparation and submission of regular operational and financial reports on the facility
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- The desired candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Scientific field in addition to a PhD degree in Biomedical Sciences or a related discipline.
- Successful candidates will have at least five years of experience of extensive hands-on work on high-precision instrumentation as indicated above
- A solid track record of contribution to scientific research is required
- Knowledge of principles of good laboratory practice (GLP) is a must
- Experience in laboratory management is desired
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and an interest in fostering collaborations with faculty members in the university and elsewhere are an asset.
- Excellent command of English.
Salary and benefits are offered in accordance with the pertinent policies and laws.
Short listed candidates will be invited for interview and exams.
- Misrepresentation or omitting any facts relevant to the hiring process in your application and CV or during the interview may result in terminating the hiring process or the contract in addition to any subsequent actions.
- AIU hiring policy does not permit to hire relatives of the non-academic staff up to the third degree.
- You are expected to provide reference and employment letters.
Strong candidates are encouraged to apply for the job through the following job link at wuzzuf.net and must answer all the questions on wuzzuf.net.
*Deadline for application is 19 June 2023