Alamein International University is looking for candidates to fulfill the following open position:
Public Health Assistant/Associate Professor
The Applicants shall be responsible for teaching Public Health courses and conducting and promoting research in the University, besides the accreditation and administrative work. In addition, The duties and responsibilities and minimum required qualifications are listed below.
- Job Title: Public Health Assistant/Associate professor
- Job Location: Alamein International University, New Alamein City, Matrouh Governate
- Job Nature: Full Time
- Working Hours: 9am-4pm, 4/5 days per week
- Contract Duration: one year contract, renewable based on performance evaluation and university needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching 12-15 hours per semester for the Fall and Spring semesters and 3-5 hours in the Summer semester, including all related preparation, examination, and accreditation work.
- Preparing files for quality and accreditation
- Hold office hours (face-to-face and/or online) to support students.
- Managing the course LMS contents.
- Supervise field training for undergraduate students.
- Prepare research proposals, attract research funding, and conduct research to establish a research group in the area of expertise. A reduced course load can be given in case of funding secured.
- Promote the Innovation and Entrepreneurship mission of the University.
- Develop new academic courses when needed
- Contribute to advance of the local and national community.
- Submit a yearly report with all his/her teaching, research, and community service achievements.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the upper administration.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- A recent PhD degree in Public Health from an accredited university.
- Bachelor degree In Medicine from an accredited university.
- Previous relevant successful teaching experience at public or private sector university level.
- Excellent teaching and research records.
- Experience in academic quality assurance and accreditation
- Administrative work experience is a plus.
- Outstanding portfolio that includes other experiences related to university functions and activities that may contribute to AIU’s success is a plus.
- Experience in developing new courses is a plus.
- Applicants should show strong interpersonal, and communication skills and display their portfolio.
- Excellent English language command (writing and speaking).
- Leadership, teaching, and research skills.
- Very good computer skills (MS Office, Internet, etc.…).
- Applicant must hold Egyptian citizenship.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview and presentation.
- Misrepresentation or omitting any facts relevant to the hiring process in your application and CV or during the interview may result in terminating the hiring process or the contract in addition to any subsequent actions.
- You are expected to provide reference and employment letters.
How to Apply:
Strong candidates are encouraged to apply through the application link below, this will require uploading an up-to-date CV (including sections for scientific degrees, academic experience, research experience, and administrative experience) and a voice recording in English for initial screening.
*Deadline for application is 31 July 2023