Department of Medicinal Chemistry
Mohamed Ahmed Soliman is a full-time teaching assistant at faculty of pharmacy at AIU.
He graduated from faculty of pharmacy Alexandria university ,Clinical pharmacy department, with honors and worked at academic , research and community pharmacy field.
Academic field :
Working as full time Teaching assistant at Faculty of pharmacy at AIU at different faculty departments with medicinal chemistry specialty.
-Teaching Assistant at Arab academy for science and technology for 1 year at medicinal chemistry department on both drug design courses and Analytical chemistry courses.
– Teaching Assistant at faculty of pharmacy Alexandria university at pharmacology department
-Enrolled to a research group for the discovery of a new drug for the treatment of triple negative breast cancer.
Worked at Oxford pharmacies in Alexandria with a managerial position as shift manager as well as patient educational and drug compounding duties.
Post graduate studies:
Currently a pharmaceutical and medicinal chemistry master degree candidate at faculty of pharmacy Alexandria University
- Organic chemistry 1 : teaching students different physical and chemical tests for identifying different organic compounds
- Organic chemistry 2 :Completing the different chemical classes identification and organic compounds synthesis
- Analytical chemistry 1 :teaching students different traditional ways for chemical analysis and different types of titrimetric determination of drug concentration
- Analytical Chemistry 2 :teaching students instrumental methods of analysis from spectroscopy and fluorimetry and TLC techniques
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology : teaching students different microscopical and macroscopical methods for the identification of different microorganisms .
- Pharmaceutics 1 : teaching Students different dosage forms preparation from syrups, suspension , emulsions and the right technique for their preparation .
- Pharmaceutics2 : teaching Students different dosage forms preparation from creams , ointments, effervescent granules and suppositories and the right techniques and methods for their preparation
- Pharmacognosy : teaching students different plant organ parts and how to identify them microscopically and macroscopically
- Medicinal chemistry 2 (AAST)
using different analytical techniques to identify the concentration of different pharmaceutical marketed drugs as well as introductory to computer aided drug design
- Medicinal chemistry 4 (AAST)
Mainly concerned with Computer Aided Drug design at Biovia discovery studio and teaching students how to use the program in order to see different drug protein interactions and Pharmacophore generation
- Pharmacology 2 (AU) : teaching students different in-silico methods at simulation labs of measuring different biological parameters