Department of Physical Engineering
● Doctor of philosophy,
▪ Department of Mathematical and Physical Engineering Faculty of Engineering, Alexandria University, 2013.
▪ Thesis, Physical and Electrical Characterization of Thin Film Solar Cells.
● Master of science
▪ Department of Mathematical and Physical Engineering Faculty of Engineering, Alexandria University, 2009.
▪ Thesis, Studying the Parameters affecting the performance of Thin Film Solar Cells.
▪ Electrical Engineering Department, Faculty of Engineering, Alexandria University, 2002.
▪ “EXCELLENT” grade, with honor.
* Solar cells.
* Nanostructures fabrication and characterizations.
* Nanofibers (Electrospinning).
* Having good experimental experience within UV-VIS spectrophotometer, Fluorescence spectroscopy, solar cell simulator, piezoelectric analysis, spin coating, needle electrospinning.
* MATLAB, C and Optiwave FDTD.
- Academic Positions
- Teaching Summary
- Journal Publications
- Conference Publications
- Funded Research Grants
- Assistant Professor, Department of Engineering Mathematics and Physics, Faculty of Engineering, Alexandria University.
- Researcher, Center of Smart Nanotechnology and Photonics (CSNP), SmartCI research center, Alexandria University.
- Researcher, Lab of Nanotechnology and Photonics, Kuwait College of Science and Technology (KCST), Kuwait.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Engineering Mathematics and Physics, Faculty of Engineering, Alamein international University.
The currently taught graduate and undergraduate courses are:
o PHYS 0719726: Solar cells
o MP107 and MP108: Engineering Physics.
N. Shehata, E. Elnabawy, M. Abdelkader, A. Hassanin, M. Salah, R. Nair, S. Bhat, Static-Aligned Piezoelectric Poly (Vinylidene Fluoride) Electrospun Nanofibers/MWCNT Composite Membrane: Facile Method, Polymers, 2018, 10 (9), 965.
E Samir, M Salah, A Hajjiah, N Shehata, M Fathy, A Hamed , Electrospun PVA Polymer Embedded with Ceria Nanoparticles as Silicon Solar Cells Rear Surface Coaters for Efficiency Improvement, Polymers, 2018, 10 (6).
A. Hajjiah, E. Samir, N. Shehata, M. Salah, Lanthanide-Doped Ceria Nanoparticles as Backside Coaters to Improve Silicon Solar Cell Efficiency, Nanomaterials 2018, 8 (6), 357.
N Shehata, M Clavel, K Meehan, E Samir, S Gaballah, and M Salah, Enhanced Erbium-Doped Ceria Nanostructure Coating to Improve Solar Cell Performance, Materials, 2015, 8 (11), 7663-7672
N Shehata, E Samir, S Gaballah, A Hamed, M Saad, M Salah, Fluorescent Nanocomposite of Embedded Ceria Nanoparticles in Electrospun Chitosan Nanofibers, Journal of Fluorescence, 2016, 27 (2), 767-772.
N Shehata, E Samir, S Gaballah, M Salah, Optical sensing of peroxide using ceria nanoparticles via fluorescence quenching technique, Journal of Nanophotonics, 2016, 10 (3), 036002-036002.
Gamal M. Eldallal, Moataz Soliman, and Mohamed Salah, “Modelling of thin-film tandem solar cells”, International Journal of Renewable Energy Technology, 2014, Vol. 5, No. 3, 2014.
Shaker Ebrahim, Moataz Soliman, and Mohamed Salah, Electrodeposited CuInS2 Using Dodecylbenzene Sulphonic Acid As a Suspending Agent for Thin Film Solar Cell, International Journal of Photoenergy, 2012, DOI:10.1155/2012/918319 .
A. Atef, A. Elzawawy, M. Salah, Feasibility Studies for Photovoltaic Projects in Egypt for Different Capacities, Al-Azhar 14th International Conference on Engineering, Architecture, and Technology, Cairo, December 2017.
1- Co-PI, in the accepted proposal titled as “Fluorescent electrospun nanofibers with embedded nanoparticles”, accepted by ALEX REP-Alexandria University Egypt, Funded budget: 130K LE (17K $), July 2014- July 2016.
2- Research Associate, Optical nanosensors with integrated flexible printed nanoantennas for water quality monitoring”, awarded by KFAS Kuwait, Funded budget: 165,000 $, December 2017- December 2019.