Department of Computer Science & Engineering
Islam Elgedawy is an associate professor at the faculty of computer science and engineering , at Alamein International University. He received his B.Sc. and M.Sc. from Alexandria university-Egypt in 1996 and 2000, respectively. He received his Ph.D. from RMIT university-Australia in 2007. He has 25 years of experience spans across industry (IBM Research, Unilever, E-Archtech) and academia (RMIT, METU-NCC). He is an experienced educator, mentor, a well-published international author, associate editor, a keynote speaker, a program chair, and a digital transformation consultant. His research interests include the areas of cognitive software systems, microservices architectures, intelligent enterprise architectures, services computing, cloud computing, edge computing, big-data analytics, and machine consciousness.
- Academic Positions
- Administrative Positions
- Teaching Summary
- Journal Publications
- Conference Publications
- Funded Research Grants
Associate Professor, Middle East technical University, Cyprus.
- R&D Director, E-Archtech, Egypt.
- Research Staff member, IBM Research, India.
- Research Associate, RMIT University, Australia.
- Software Architect, Unilever, Egypt.
1. Software Engineering
2. Software Construction (i.e., Pattern-oriented Architectures)
3. Introduction to Service-Oriented Computing
4. Rapid Application Development
5. Scalable Web Application Development
6. Introduction to Semantic Web
7. Data Management and File Structure
8. Data Structures and Algorithms
9. Introduction to Operating Systems
10. Advanced C Programming
11. P2P Computing
12. Statistics for Engineers.
13. Systems analysis and design
14. Data and information management
15. Web application development
16. Object oriented programming
17. Incident response and disaster recovery
18. Fundamentals of programming
19. Machine Learning
20. Introduction to cloud computing
21 Introduction to big data”
1) Hisham Al Majzoub, Islam Elgedawy, Öykü Akaydın, Mehtap Köse Ulukök, HCAB-SMOTE: A Hybrid Clustered Affinitive Borderline SMOTE Approach for Imbalanced Data Binary Classification, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, Jan 2020, Springer, issn: 2191-4281, doi: 10.1007/s13369-019-04336-1. (SCI Expanded)
2) Islam Elgedawy, CRESCENT+: A Self-Managing Framework for Reliable Composite Web Services Delivery, Iran J Comput Sci, Springer, Feb, 2018, DOI: 10.1007/s42044-018-0008-3.
3) Faria Mehak, Rahat Masood, Muhammad Awais Shibli, Islam Elgedway, EACF: Extensible Access Control Framework for Cloud Environments, Annals of Telecommunications, Vol. 72, Issue 5-6. June, 2017. (SCI core)
4) Ayaz Isazadeh, Islam Elgedawy, Habib Izadkhah, E-CDGM: An Evolutionary Call-Dependency Graph Modularization Approach for Software Systems, CYBERNETICS AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES (CIT) Journal, Volume 16, No 3, Sept. 2016. DOI: 10.1515/cait-2016-0035. (Emerging SCI)
5) Islam Elgedawy, USTA: An Aspect-Oriented Knowledge Management Framework For Reusable Assets Discovery, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, Volume 40, Issue 2, pp 451-474, February 2015. (SCI Expanded)
6) Islam Elgedawy, CRESCENT: A Reliable Framework for Durable Composite Web Services Management, Computer Journal, Vol. 58, No. 2, pp. 280-299, February 2015. DOI:10.1093/comjnl/bxu019. (SCI Expanded)
7) Islam Elgedawy, NASEEB: An Escrow-Based Approach for Ensuring Data Correctness Over Global Clouds, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, Vol 39, Issue 12, , pp 8743-8764, December, 2014. (SCI Expanded)
1) Islam Elgedawy, Digital Brain as a Service: An Approach For Achieving Organic Web Services, The Tenth International Conference on Advanced Service Computing, SERVICE COMPUTATION, IARIA, Barcelona, Spain, 2018.
2) Islam Elgedawy, DISCO: A Dynamic Self-configuring Discovery Service for Semantic Web Services, Proceedings of the 7th international conference on cloud computing and service science (CLOSER), Porto, Portugal, April, 2017.
3) Islam Elgedawy and Fadi Al-Turjman, IdProF: Identity Provisioning Framework for Smart Environments, proceedings of the 13th HONET-ICT International Symposium, Girne, North Cyprus, Oct. 2016.
4) Islam Elgedawy, WSLA Extensions for Managing Composite Semantic Web Services, proceedings of 2016 IEEE International Conference on Knowledge Engineering and Applications, Singapore, Sept 2016.
5) Islam Elgedawy, JAMEJAM: A Framework for Automating the Service Discovery Process, proceedings of the International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT 2016), Istanbul, Turkey, April 2016.
6) Islam Elgedawy, SULTAN: A Composite Data Consistency Approach for SaaS Multi-Cloud Deployment, in proceedings of the 8th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC2015), Cyprus, December, 2015.
7) Islam Elgedawy, GEMINI: A Hybrid Byzantine Fault Tolerant Protocol for Reliable Composite Web Services Orchestrated Delivery, in the proceedings of the International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT 2015), Ankara, Turkey, April 2015.
– All projects are funded by METU,
- SULTAN: A Composite Data Consistency Approach for SaaS Multi-Cloud Deployment, 2015.
- CRESCENT: A Reliable Framework for Durable Composite Web Services Management, 2014.
- NASEEB: An Escrow-Based Approach for Ensuring Data Correctness over Global Clouds, 2013.