The faculty of Arts & Design at Alamein International University (AIU) is opening a career opportunity for the following position:
– Lecturer, Faculty of Arts & Design.
- The Faculty of Arts & Design is requesting a full-time Lecturer job for the academic year 2021/ 2022. The successful candidate will teach fundamental levels of design for the academic year and develop courses and high-quality research on the role of design.
- We especially encourage applications from candidates with a thorough knowledge of design fundamentals, theory, and criticism.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching 3-4 courses per semester for the Fall and Spring semesters and 1 course in the summer semester, including all related preparation, examination, and accreditation work.
- Hold office hours (face-to-face and/or online) to support students.
- Managing the course LMS contents.
- Supervise field training for undergraduate students.
- Prepare research proposals, attract research funding, and conduct research to establish a research group in the field of expertise. A reduced course load can be given in case of funding secured.
Minimum Job Requirements
- MSc. and PhD in Fine Arts from an accredited university which fulfill criteria of supreme Council of Universities and be equivalent provided by Egyptian Universities.
- BSc. Fine Arts graduates from an accredited university with excellent degree of honor, and excellent in graduation project.
- Previous successful teaching experience at public and private sector university level, new community universities are strongly preferred.
- Excellent teaching record in the following fields: Artistic Design, Basic Design, Free Drawing, Painting Techniques.
- Experience in quality assurance and accreditation as well as administrative work.
- Applicants should show strong interpersonal, communication skills and display their portfolio.
- Having a global scope through a variety of domestic and international participations in exhibitions and travelling works of art.
- Excellent English language command (writing and speaking).
- Leadership, teaching skills and loyalty.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Internet, etc.…).
- Working positively and cooperatively with students, internal and external teams, and international organizations.
* Strong candidates are encouraged to apply through the application link and then send their up-to-date CV (including sections for scientific degrees, academic experience, research experience, and administrative experience) to HR@aiu.edu.eg with the following subject “Applying for the open Faculty position at Faculty of Arts & Design”.