Alamein International University (AIU) is opening a job opportunity for the following position:
Laboratory Supervisor at the Faculty of Engineering
Duties and Responsibilities:
Looking to hire a detail-oriented Senior Laboratory Supervisor with Electrical and mechanical experience to install, maintain and repair different electrical systems. The candidate should be skilled in all electrical system and the most updated technologies on the field and have the personality and technical knowledge to guide and train group of electrical and mechanical technicians, shortly he will be:
- Responsible to operate the scientific devices of the Engineering labs.
- Assist Engineering students in labs.
- Responsible for reporting damages in assigned labs.
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring or equipment.
- Read technical diagrams and blueprints.
- Capable of handling maintenance work for transformers, main stations, substations, and all kinds of HT work.
- Perform general electrical maintenance.
- Inspect transformers and circuit breakers and other electrical components.
- Troubleshoot electrical issues using appropriate of testing devices.
- Repair and replace equipment, electrical wiring, or fixtures.
- Follow National Electrical Code state and local building regulations.
- Circuit breaker & bus coupler corrective maintenance.
- Good knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems.
- Good knowledge of various test equipment.
- Review stock spare materials and report any shortage.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisors
- Bachelor degree (any Engineering or Scientific field ) from accredited university.
- Minimum 7 years of proven experience in engineering lab operations.
- Maximum age: 40 years in 1/7/2023
- Trained and certificated in maintenance of Engineering lab equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of Electrical systems operation.
- Considerable knowledge of the practices, methods, materials, and equipment used in the maintenance and repair of Electrical systems.
- Ability to diagnose Electrical system malfunctions and prescribe repair procedures.
- Ability to train and supervise others.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, assign, coordinate, and direct the work of maintenance contractor Electricians and crew leaders.
- Excellent command of English (speaking and writing)
- Applicant must hold Egyptian citizenship.
Short listed candidates will be invited for interview and exams.
- Misrepresentation or omitting any facts relevant to the hiring process in your application and CV or during the interview may result in terminating the hiring process or the contract in addition to any subsequent actions.
- AIU hiring policy does not permit hiring relatives of the non-academic staff up to the third degree.
- You are expected to provide reference and employment letters.
*Deadline for application is 25 June 2023