Alamein International University (AIU) is opening a job opportunity for the following position:
- Job Title: Lab Engineer
- Job Location: Alamein International University, New Alamein City, Matrouh Governate
- Job Nature: Full-time.
- Working Hours: 9am-4pm, Sunday to Thursday
- Contract Duration: one year contract, renewable based on performance evaluation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as an on-site resource to individual students and groups accessing computer technology
- Helps familiarize students with software
- Assists students in registering for classes, completing assignments,
- Orients students to the laboratory.
- Attend the course lectures for the courses related to lab equipment.
- Acts as lab assistant/facilitator of 24-30 hours per week of labs for the Fall and Spring semesters and 6-10 hours per week in the summer semester, including all related preparation, examination, and accreditation work for the labs.
- Assist in preparing courses labs.
- Exams proctoring and attendance recording
- Assist in grading lab assignments and exam.
- Hold office hours (face-to-face and online) to support students.
- Assist in developing and customizing software systems used in the University.
- Submit a yearly report with his/her achievements.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by directors.
- A recent Bachelor’s degree, of 2015 or later, in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent degree from an accredited university.
- Age should not exceed 28 years in 1st of October 2023.
- Teaching experience is a plus
- Practical experience is a plus.
- Excellent programming skills. Practical experience in web and mobile development is a plus.
- Excellent Communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Excellent English language command (writing and speaking).
- Applicant must hold Egyptian citizenship.
Short listed candidates will be invited for interview and exams.
- Misrepresentation or omitting any facts relevant to the hiring process in your application and CV or during the interview may result in terminating the hiring process or the contract in addition to any subsequent actions.
- AIU hiring policy does not permit to hire relatives of the non-academic staff up to the third degree.
- You are expected to provide reference and employment letters.
*Deadline for application is 28 September 2023