Alamein International University (AIU) is opening a job opportunity for the following position:
IT Help Desk Technician
- Job Title: IT Help Desk Technician
- Job Location: Alamein International University, New Alamein City, Matrouh Governate
- Job Nature: Full-time.
- Working Hours: 9am-4pm, Sunday to Thursday
- Contract Duration: one year contract, renewable based on performance evaluation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration.
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time and task limits.
- Set up hardware and install and configure software and drivers.
- Install well-functioning LAN/WAN and other networks and manage components (servers, IPs etc.).
- Manage security options and software in computers and networks to maintain privacy and protection from attacks.
- Perform regular upgrades to ensure systems remain updated.
- Troubleshoot system failures or bugs and provide solutions to restore functionality.
- Arrange maintenance sessions to discover and mend inefficiencies.
- Keep records of repairs and fixes for future reference.
- Offer timely technical support and teach users how to utilize computers correctly.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Contributes to the overall success of the University by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by directors.
- An Associate’s degree/certifications in computer science or related field with previous experience working in one of the following is a must: help desk support, network setup and troubleshooting, MS 365 services, or systems trouble shooting is a must (more than one is preferred). Or Bachelor degree in one of the IT fields.
- Age should not exceed 27 years in 1st of October 2023.
- A strong working knowledge of computer systems, networking, hardware, and software.
- Good problem-solving, analytical, and team-working skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Available to work regular overtime
- An openness to learning new technologies.
- Applicant must hold Egyptian citizenship.
Short listed candidates will be invited for interview and exams.
- Misrepresentation or omitting any facts relevant to the hiring process in your application and CV or during the interview may result in terminating the hiring process or the contract in addition to any subsequent actions.
- AIU hiring policy does not permit to hire relatives of the non-academic staff up to the third degree.
- You are expected to provide reference and employment letters.
*Deadline for application is 28 September 2023