AlAlamein International University at Al Alamein New City is looking for candidates to fulfill the open “Human Resources Specialist” position.
The Human Resources specialist manages the daily operations of the human resources office and assists the director of human resources with a variety of human resource related activities including talent acquisition, retention, and employment services, performance management, benefits administration and counseling, classification, compensation, and salary administration, training and staff development, regulatory compliance, labor and employee relations, and human resource information systems and records management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the daily operations of the human resources office
- Assists the Director with a variety of human resource related activities including talent acquisition, employment, and retention services, performance management, benefits management and counseling, compensation planning, salary administration and job evaluation, training and development, labor and employee relations, succession planning, and human resource information systems and records management.
- Serves as an advocate for employees by listening and becoming aware of employee needs and concerns, sharing this information with University leadership, researching best practices, and offering options for leaders to consider in addressing employee needs and concerns.
- Provides ongoing promotion and communication to employees and prospective employees about the benefits associated with University employment including insurance benefits, investment options for retirement savings, tuition reimbursement, and training and development opportunities.
- Ensures that applicants, employees, vendors, and University administrators receive excellent customer service in all interactions with the Office of Human Resources.
- Ensures the application of consistent and equitable application of human resource policies, procedures, and government regulations throughout the University by advising senior administrators about the applicable policies, procedures, and regulations, providing training for supervisors, and enforcing the personnel policies and procedures of the University.
- Advises employees and supervisors regarding performance and disciplinary issues, administers progressive discipline and grievance procedures consistently, listens to employee and supervisor concerns, conducts investigations as needed, and recommends a plan of action.
- Assists in developing personnel policies, practices, and procedures for approval by the University administration by listening to employee concerns, reviewing best practices, and identifying opportunities to improve employee satisfaction.
- Identifies training needs and professional development offerings.
- Ensures the accuracy of personnel information for all University employees by supervising the maintenance of personnel records and reviewing personnel actions for application to the employee database.
- Assists in managing funds by planning, developing and controlling the departmental budget.
- Facilitates a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Remains competent and current on best Human Resources practices through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training.
- Contributes to the overall success of the University by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or a related field is required. A Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field is preferred
- At least 3 years of experience of human resources management experience demonstrating increased leadership responsibilities over time. Experience in human resource management in higher education and/or the public sector is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with university-related institutions and community, outstanding leadership and management skills, an understanding of automated management information systems.
- Experience with ERP systems (especially, Odoo) is a plus.
- Understanding of the public sector employment context.
- Experience of working in a dynamic and changing workplace environment.
- Evidence of managing complex change and development.
- Evidence of ability to positively engage with institutional priorities and to take forward institutional objectives in a focused and proactive manner.
- Evidence of management skills that will facilitate the development of strong networks within the institution.
- Experience of negotiation.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Excellent English language command (writing and speaking).
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, and students.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the interview process.