Alamein International University (AIU) is opening a job opportunity for the following position:
- Ensures the implementation of human resource policies, procedures, and government regulations throughout the University
- Create and publish job ads
- Screen resumes and job applications
- Conduct initial phone screens to create shortlists of qualified candidates
- Follow up with candidates throughout the hiring process
- Maintain a database of potential candidates for future job openings
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Collect and update employee records (hard and soft copies)
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc)
- Maintain records of personnel-related data (payroll, personal information, leaves, turnover rates etc.) in both paper and the database and ensure all employment requirements are met
- Remains current on best Human Resources practices through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training.
- Contributes to the overall success of the University by performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited university. Minimum Bachelor graduation grade of “Good” or has a recognizable professional certificate or diploma in Human Resource Management.
- At least 7 years of experience in human resources management. Experience in human resource management in higher education and/or the public sector is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with university-related institutions and community, outstanding leadership and management skills
- experience in using ERP systems or in automated HR management systems.
- Understanding of the public sector employment context.
- Excellent command of English
Short listed candidates will be invited for interview and exams.
- Misrepresentation or omitting any facts relevant to the hiring process in your application and CV or during the interview may result in terminating the hiring process or the contract in addition to any subsequent actions.
- AIU hiring policy does not permit to hire relatives of the non-academic staff up to the third degree.
- You are expected to provide reference and employment letters.
*Deadline for application is 9 May 2023