Alamein International University is looking for candidates to fulfill the following open position:
Teaching Assistant position (holder of Master’s degree) in Graphic Design
- Job Title: Graphic Design Teaching Assistant
- Job Location: Alamein International University, New Alamein City, Matrouh Governate
- Job Nature: Full Time.
- Working Hours: 9am-4pm, Sunday to Thursday
- Contract Duration: one year contract, renewable based on performance evaluation and university needs.
The Candidate will supervise the work of students, provide advice on study skills, and help them with learning projects, Set and mark assignments under the guidance of the course instructor as well as assessing the work and progress of students by reference to defined criteria and provide constructive feedback to students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching load of 16-24 hours per week of tutorials and projects.
- Assistance in preparing studios, courses assignments, and answer keys for assignments under the guidance of the course instructor.
- Conducting research under the supervision of the existing Faculty members.
- Attending instructor’s lectures.
- Exams proctoring and attendance recording.
- Students’ academic advising.
- Assistance in grading assignments, quizzes, projects, and midterm exams.
- Offering office hours (face-to-face and online) to support students.
- Help in managing the course LMS contents.
- Interaction with the students using the discussion groups and forums on the LMS.
- Submission of an annual report with his/her achievements.
- Uploading course materials to the e-learning portal/ website(s).
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the upper administration.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design from accredited university (International well-reputed university is a plus). With Minimum graduation GPA of 3.7 or equivalent.
- Master’s Degree in graphic design from an accredited university (International well-reputed university is a plus), graduation year not older than 2020.
- At least 1 year teaching experience
- Fluency in English and/or French is a must.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Experience in using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Proficient user of MS Office
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team across both the education and service sectors.
- Ability to work positively and cooperatively with students, internal and external teams, and agencies.
- Proven ability, commitment, and passion for engaging in research activities.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview and presentation.
- Misrepresentation or omitting any facts relevant to the hiring process in your application and CV or during the interview may result in terminating the hiring process or the contract in addition to any subsequent actions.
- You are expected to provide reference and employment letters.
How to Apply:
Strong candidates are encouraged to apply through the application link and then send their up-to-date CV in addition to supportive documents to email@example.com with the following subject “Applying for the open Teaching Assistant position (holder of Master’s degree) in Graphic Design”.
*Deadline for application is 3 February 2023