The Faculty of Pharmacy AlAlamein International University (AIU) is seeking candidates to fulfill the following position:
Full Professor of Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- We are searching for experienced individuals with proven ability to establish, develop, and teach Pharmacology, Clinical Pharmacology, and Pharmacotherapy courses to undergraduate PharmD students tailored to national and international curricular standards, as well as contribute to the development and execution of Experiential Learning Programs.
- The successful applicant will be expected to develop a vibrant, externally funded research program with a focus on translational potential.
- The successful candidate is expected to show a strong commitment to graduate training and will eventually be required to develop and contribute to a multi-disciplinary graduate studies program offering Master and PhD degrees.
- We especially encourage applications from candidates with both research and clinical practice backgrounds capable of enriching the undergraduate and graduate student learning and research experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching 3-4 courses per semester for the Fall and Spring semesters and 1 course in the summer semester, including all related preparation, examination, and accreditation work.
- Holding office hours (face-to-face and/or online) to support students.
- Managing the course LMS contents.
- Supervising field training for undergraduate students.
- Preparing research proposals, attract research funding, and conduct research to establish a research group in the area of expertise. A reduce course load can be given in case of funding secured.
Minimum Job Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy from an Accredited University.
- Applicants must have a PhD degree (fulfill criteria of supreme Council of Universities) and post-doctoral experience in Pharmacology and a demonstrated ability to conduct original, innovative research with a solid track record of research funding and independent publications. Degrees and training in reputable international organizations are a preference.
- Strong evidence of excellence in different teaching techniques including didactic lectures, team-based learning, and other modes of interactive pedagogy as well as being well-versed in developing course content and assessment methods on learning management systems are a must.
- Experience with curricular development and content mapping to professional competencies are preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have formal training and/or certification in Clinical Pharmacy and/or Pharmacotherapy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and an interest in fostering collaborations with faculty members in the university and elsewhere are an asset.
Strong candidates are encouraged to apply through the application link and then send their up-to-date CV (including sections for scientific degrees, academic experience, research experience, and administrative experience) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject “Applying for the open Faculty position at Faculty of Pharmacy”.