Alamein International University (AIU) is opening a job opportunity for the following position:
Employer Relations and Recruitment Officer
Accepted applicant will work in the University Center for Career Development (UCCD) which will be established through collaboration with the American University in Cairo (funded by USAID Egypt) with the goal of providing career guidance and employability skills to university students in preparation for the world of work, with a focus on final and pre-final year students.
- Job Title: Employer Relations and Recruitment Officer
- Job Location: Alamein International University, New Alamein City, Matrouh Governate
- Job Nature: Full-time.
- Working Hours: 9am-4pm, Sunday to Thursday
- Contract Duration: one year contract, renewable based on performance evaluation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and oversee the day-to-day management of the recruitment services program that actively generates job opportunities, and communicate them to students.
- Plan and organize the annual career fair in coordination with UCCD staff.
- Correspond with and conduct corporate visits to employers’ re- recruitment functions and events.
- Advise employers of UCCD recruitment services and refer students to employers as requested and in compliance with professional standards.
- Solicit experiential learning, internships and career opportunities from employers.
- Develop relationships with the corporate and business community and engage them in students’ career planning process.
- Provide comprehensive information to employers about academic programs.
- Meet with students seeking employment and support them in their job search.
- Contribute to the coordination of the employability skills development program.
- Advise career specialists of potential experiential learning opportunities available to students.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a related field. A master’s degree is an asset.
- Minimum 3 years prior experience in recruitment services, human resources, or youths training
- Previous experience should include at least three years’ experience in a management level and subordinates’ supervision
- Prior experience in event organization is preferred
- Previous community service experience is an asset
- Age should not exceed 35 years in 1/1/2023
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Arabic
- Genuine interest in helping others
- Willingness to learn
- Self-motivated and ability to take initiative and work in teams
- Good listening and communications skills
Short listed candidates will be invited for interview and exams.
- Misrepresentation or omitting any facts relevant to the hiring process in your application and CV or during the interview may result in terminating the hiring process or the contract in addition to any subsequent actions.
- AIU hiring policy does not permit to hire relatives of the non-academic staff up to the third degree.
- You are expected to provide reference and employment letters.
*Deadline for application is 26 June 2023