Alamein International University is looking for candidates to fulfill the open Teaching Assistant positions in the Faculty of Dentistry
The Teaching Assistants shall be responsible for co-teaching tutorials, labs and clinics in the faculty of dentistry courses and promoting research in the University in addition to accreditation and administrative work. The duties and responsibilities and minimum required qualifications are listed below.
- Job Title: Teaching Assistant
- Job Location: Alamein International University, New Alamein City, Matrouh Governate
- Job Nature: Full Time
- Working Hours: 9am-4pm, 4/5 days per week
- Contract Duration: one year contract, renewable based on performance evaluation and university needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend the course lectures for the assigned courses.
- Teaching load of 24-30 hours per week of tutorials for the Fall and Spring semesters and 6-10 hours in the Summer semester, including all related preparation, examination, and accreditation work.
- Assist in preparing courses assignments and labs and answer keys for assignments under the guidance of the course instructor.
- Conducting research under the supervision of the existing Faculty members.
- Exams proctoring and attendance recording
- Assist in grading assignments, quizzes, lab exams, and midterm exams.
- Hold office hours (face-to-face and online) to support students.
- Help in managing the course LMS contents
- Interact with the students using the discussion groups and forms on the LMS.
- Submit a yearly report with his/her achievements.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the upper administration.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Dentistry from an Accredited University with minimum GPA 3.7/4.0 (or excellent if none-GPA system) graduation year 2021 or newer.
- Teaching experience is a plus.
- Has the potential to assist in Accreditation process.
- Outstanding portfolio that includes other experiences related to university functions and activities that may contribute to AIU’s success is a plus.
- Excellent Communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Excellent English language command (writing and speaking).
- Applicant must hold Egyptian citizenship.
- Short listed applicants who work for governmental ministries will be asked to submit “No objection letter” signed and stamped from the central authority in the ministry within maximum week of requesting the letter. Note that letters issued from local or sub-units will not be accepted.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview and presentation.
- Misrepresentation or omitting any facts relevant to the hiring process in your application and CV or during the interview may result in terminating the hiring process or the contract in addition to any subsequent actions.
- You are expected to provide reference and employment letters.
How to Apply:
Strong candidates are encouraged to apply through the application link below, this will require uploading an up-to-date CV (including sections for scientific degrees, academic experience, research experience, and administrative experience) and a voice recording in English for initial screening.
*Deadline for application is 8 July 2023