Alamein International University (AIU) is opening a job opportunity for the following position:
- Database Administrator & Engineer
- Establish the needs of users and monitor user access and security
- Monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users
- Consider both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users
- Further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements
- Install and test new versions of the database management system (DBMS)
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- Control access permissions and privileges
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- Carry out capacity planning
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
- Manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database.
- Contributes to the overall success of the University by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or a related field.
- At least two years of experience for database administrator position or one year of experience for database engineer position.
- Proficiency with all technology and software necessary for the position.
- Up-to-date Knowledge of network systems, standards and best practices.
- Oracle certified applicants are preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent English language command (writing and speaking).
Short listed candidates will be invited for interview and exams (Technical &English).
- Misrepresentation or omitting any facts relevant to the hiring process in your application and CV or during the interview may result in terminating the hiring process or the contact in addition to any subsequent actions.
- AIU hiring policy does not permit to hire relatives of the non-academic staff up to the third degree.
- You are expected to provide reference and employment letters.
How to Apply:
Strong candidates are encouraged to apply for the job through the following job link at wuzzuf.net
*Deadline for application is 19 May 2022