Alamein International University (AIU) is opening a job opportunity for the following position:
Data and Information Specialist
Accepted applicant will work in the University Center for Career Development (UCCD) which will be established through collaboration with the American University in Cairo (funded by USAID Egypt) with the goal of providing career guidance and employability skills to university students in preparation for the world of work, with a focus on final and pre-final year students.
- Job Title: Data and Information Specialist
- Job Location: Alamein International University, New Alamein City, Matrouh Governate
- Job Nature: Full-time.
- Working Hours: 9am-4pm, Sunday to Thursday
- Contract Duration: one year contract, renewable based on performance evaluation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage UCCD Internet presence. Act as liaison with university computer support staff.
- Market and promote the office’s recruitment and career programs and events among various constituents using various tools (print, social media, etc.)
- Maintain and update UCCD’s website
- Diagnose hardware and software problems; install new and/or upgrade equipment; schedule regular and special systems/software maintenance.
- Provide user support and training to UCCD staff on how to use educational and administrative information systems.
- Assist staff in design and maintenance of data base management systems.
- Establish priorities, policies and procedures for data collection and management.
- Develop mechanisms for tracking and reporting data/statistics.
- Provide submissions for office career publications and electronic communications.
- Monitor and evaluate operations and corresponding policies related to student access to services, internal and external communications, staffing, and workflow.
- Coordinate annual follow-up survey of graduates including survey development and design, collection of survey information, supervision of data entry, and generation of statistics/results.
- Edit and produce annual survey report.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; preferably in IT or computer science
- Minimum 3 years prior professional experience in IT, online systems management and website development.
- Prior experience in youths skills training or coaching preferred.
- Previous community service experience is an asset.
- Age should not exceed 35 years in 1/1/2023
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Arabic
- Genuine interest in helping others
- Willingness to learn
- Self-motivated and ability to take initiative and work in teams
- Good listening and communications skills
Short listed candidates will be invited for interview and exams.
- Misrepresentation or omitting any facts relevant to the hiring process in your application and CV or during the interview may result in terminating the hiring process or the contract in addition to any subsequent actions.
- AIU hiring policy does not permit to hire relatives of the non-academic staff up to the third degree.
- You are expected to provide reference and employment letters.
*Deadline for application is 19 January 2023