Alamein International University (AIU) is opening a job opportunity for the following position:
Career Development Specialist
Accepted applicant will work in the University Center for Career Development (UCCD) which will be established through collaboration with the American University in Cairo (funded by USAID Egypt) with the goal of providing career guidance and employability skills to university students in preparation for the world of work, with a focus on final and pre-final year students.
- Job Title: Career Development Specialist
- Job Location: Alamein International University, New Alamein City, Matrouh Governate
- Job Nature: Full-time.
- Working Hours: 9am-4pm, Sunday to Thursday
- Contract Duration: one year contract, renewable based on performance evaluation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide individual and group career advising to students.
- Plan and conduct career development workshops. Work with student organizations and other student service offices to address student career development needs.
- Coach students through resume development, job search and interviewing process.
- Coordinate career development services and promote career awareness, exploration, and planning.
- Provide and coordinate administration and interpretation of career assessments.
- Facilitate work-based learning opportunities. Coordinate activities for students to develop employability skills.
- Instruct and advise students regarding job-search strategies and job-search skill development including resume and letter preparation, interview techniques, networking, and employer research.
- Conduct resume critique and mock interviews.
- Prepare and organize career and employment events in collaboration with the employer relations and recruitment officer
- Implement –in coordination with the recruitment coordinator- experiential learning programs including job shadowing and internship programs.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a related field. A master’s degree is an asset.
- Minimum 3 years prior professional experience in career development, human resources, or youths training and development.
- Prior experience in coaching, counseling, training or teaching university students.
- Previous community service experience is an asset.
- Age should not exceed 35 years in 1/1/2023
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Arabic
- Genuine interest in helping others
- Willingness to learn
- Self-motivated and ability to take initiative and work in teams
- Good listening and communications skills
Short listed candidates will be invited for interview and exams.
- Misrepresentation or omitting any facts relevant to the hiring process in your application and CV or during the interview may result in terminating the hiring process or the contract in addition to any subsequent actions.
- AIU hiring policy does not permit to hire relatives of the non-academic staff up to the third degree.
- You are expected to provide reference and employment letters.
*Deadline for application is 26 June 2023