Alamein International University is looking for candidates to fulfill the following open position in the Faculty of Engineering:
- Assistant Professor of Petroleum & Gas Engineering
The Applicants shall be responsible for teaching Petroleum & Gas Engineering courses and conducting and promoting research in the University, besides the accreditation and administrative work. The duties and responsibilities and minimum required qualifications are listed below.
- Job Title: Assistant Professor of Petroleum & Gas Engineering
- Job Location: Alamein International University, New Alamein City, Matrouh Governate
- Job Nature: Full Time
- Working Hours: 9am-4pm, 4/5 days per week
- Contract Duration: one year contract, renewable based on performance evaluation and university needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching 12-15 hours per semester for the fall and spring semesters and 3-5 hours in the summer semester, including all related preparation, examination, and accreditation work.
- preparing files for quality and accreditation
- Hold office hours (face-to-face and/or online) to support students.
- Managing the course LMS contents.
- Supervise field training for undergraduate students.
- Prepare research proposals, attract research funding, and conduct research to establish a research group in the area of expertise. A reduced course load can be given in case of funding secured.
- Promote the Innovation and Entrepreneurship mission of the University.
- Contribute to the advance of the local and national community.
- Contribute to marketing plan of the University.
- Submit a yearly report with all his/her teaching, research, and community service achievements.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the upper administration.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- A recent Ph.D. degree in Petroleum & Gas Engineering from international/national University, similar fields can be considered in case of outstanding portfolio.
- B.Sc. degree in Petroleum & Gas Engineering from accredited university.
- Excellent Teaching and research record in Petroleum & Gas Engineering is required.
- Knowledge about Accreditation process.
- Outstanding portfolio that includes other experiences related to university functions and activities that may contribute to AIU’s success is a plus.
- Knowledge about using Student Information Systems and Learning Management Systems.
- Practical Experience is a plus.
- Experience in developing new courses.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Excellent English language command (writing and speaking).
- Applicant must hold Egyptian citizenship.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview and presentation.
- Misrepresentation or omitting any facts relevant to the hiring process in your application and CV or during the interview may result in terminating the hiring process or the contract in addition to any subsequent actions.
- You are expected to provide reference and employment letters.
How to Apply:
Strong candidates are encouraged to apply through the application link below, this will require uploading an up-to-date CV (including sections for scientific degrees, academic experience, research experience, and administrative experience) .
*Deadline for application is 10 July 2023