Alamein International University (AIU) is looking for candidates to fulfill the open Assistant / Associate Professor position in the Civil Engineering Department. The Applicants shall be responsible for teaching Structural Engineering (Construction Engineering Management courses), conducting and promoting research in the University, besides the accreditation and administrative work. The duties and responsibilities and minimum required qualifications are listed below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching 3-4 courses per semester for the Fall and Spring semesters and 1 course in the Summer semester, including all related preparation, examination, and accreditation work.
- Hold office hours (face-to-face and/or online) to support students.
- Managing the course LMS contents.
- Supervise field training for undergraduate students.
- Prepare research proposals, attract research funding, and conduct research to establish a research group in the area of expertise. A reduced course load can be given in case of funding is secured.
- Promote the Innovation and Entrepreneurship mission of the University.
- Contribute to advancing the local and national community.
- Submit a yearly report with all his/her teaching, research, and community service achievements.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the upper administration.
Minimum Job Requirements
- A recent Ph.D. degree in Structural Engineering (Construction Engineering Management) from an accredited university, other fields can be considered in the case of an outstanding portfolio.
- B.Sc. degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- Excellent teaching record in the Construction Engineering Management field is required.
- Excellent research record in Structural Engineering (Construction Engineering Management) is required.
- Collaborative thinking, creative engineering problem solving/analytics, exploration of alternative construction methods, and understanding of modern professional management practices.
- Awareness and understanding of appreciation for the practical and theoretical issues and methodologies surrounding construction management.
- Knowledge about the Accreditation process for Civil Engineering programs.
- Practical Experience is a plus.
- Experience in developing new courses.
- Experience in administrative works.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in teamwork.
- Excellent English language command (writing and speaking).
* Strong candidates are encouraged to apply through the application link and then send their up-to-date CV (including sections for scientific degrees, academic experience, research experience, and administrative experience) to HR@aiu.edu.eg with the following subject “Applying for the open Assistant / Associate Professor position in Faculty of Engineering, Civil Engineering Department”.
*Deadline for application is 12 December 2021