The faculty of Arts & Design at Alamein International University (AIU) is opening a career opportunity for the following position:
– Associate Professor, Faculty of Arts & Design.
- The faculty of Arts & Design is requesting full-time job for the role of Associate Professor – academic year 2021/ 2022.
- The successful candidate will teach fundamental levels of drawing for the academic year and develop courses and high-quality research on the role of drawing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching 3-4 courses per semester for the Fall and Spring semesters and 1 course in the summer semester, including all related preparation, examination, and accreditation work.
- Hold office hours (face-to-face and/or online) to support students.
- Managing the course LMS contents.
- Supervise field training for undergraduate students.
- Prepare research proposals, attract research funding, and conduct research to establish a research group in the area of expertise. A reduced course load can be given in case of funding secured.
Minimum Job Requirements
- PhD in Fine Arts from an accredited university which fulfill criteria of supreme Council of Universities and be equivalent provided by Egyptian Universities.
- BSc. Fine Arts graduates from an accredited university.
- Previous successful teaching experience at public and private sector university level, new community universities are strongly preferred.
- Excellent teaching record in one or more of the following fields: Free drawing, Illustration, Free Perspective, The Drawing Art Techniques.
- Experience in quality assurance and accreditation as well as administrative work experience.
- Participate in the preparation of faculty regulations and course descriptions.
- Applicants should show strong interpersonal, communication skills and display their portfolio.
- Having a global scope through a variety of domestic and international participations in exhibitions and travelling works of art.
- Have publication research record.
- Contributed to community social responsibilities activities.
- Excellent English language command (writing and speaking).
- Leadership, teaching and research skills and loyalty.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Internet, etc.…).
- Working positively and cooperatively with students, internal and external teams, and international organizations.
* Strong candidates are encouraged to apply through the application link and then send their up-to-date CV (including sections for scientific degrees, academic experience, research experience, and administrative experience) to HR@aiu.edu.eg with the following subject “Applying for the open Faculty position at Faculty of Arts & Design”.