The Faculty of Dentistry Alamein International University (AIU) is seeking candidates to fulfill the following position:
Assistant Professor (Lecturer) of Operative Dentistry
- Job Title: Assistant Professor (Lecturer) of Operative Dentistry
- Job Location: Alamein International University, New Alamein City, Matrouh Governate
- Job Nature: Full Time
- Working Hours: 9am-4pm, Sunday to Thursday
- Contract Duration: one year contract, renewable based on performance evaluation and university needs.
We are searching for experienced individuals with proven ability to establish, develop, and teach Operative Dentistry courses to undergraduate students tailored to national and international curricular standards, as well as contribute to the development and execution of Learning Programs.
The successful candidate is expected to show a strong commitment to graduate training. We especially encourage applications from candidates with both research and clinical practice backgrounds capable of enriching the undergraduate student learning and research experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching 10-12 credit hours per week in Fall and Spring semesters and 3-4 credit hours course(s) in summer semester and perform all related preparation, examination, and accreditation work.
- Commitment to official working hours Sun-Thu (9:00am-4:00pm)
- Hold office hours (face-to-face and/or online) to support students.
- Managing the course LMS contents.
- Prepare research proposals, attract research funding, and conduct research to establish a research group in the area of expertise. A reduced course load can be given in case of funding secured.
- Develop new academic courses when needed.
- Promote the Innovation and Entrepreneurship mission of the University.
- Contribute to advance the local and national communities.
- Submit a report by the end of each semester with all his/her teaching, research, and community service achievements.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the upper administration.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- PhD degree (fulfill criteria of supreme Council of Universities) in Operative Dentistry.
- Bachelor’s degree in dentistry from an Accredited University.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct original, innovative research.
- Strong evidence of excellence in different teaching techniques including didactic lectures, team-based learning, and other modes of interactive pedagogy as well as being well-versed in developing course content and assessment methods on learning management systems are a must.
- Excellent teaching record.
- Knowledge about Accreditation process and experience in developing new courses.
- Additional valuable experience that relates to university activities and functions that my contribute to AIU’s success is a plus.
- Practical Experience is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and an interest in fostering collaborations with faculty members in the university and elsewhere are an asset.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Excellent English language command (writing and speaking).
Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview and presentation.
- Misrepresentation or omitting any facts relevant to the hiring process in your application and CV or during the interview may result in terminating the hiring process or the contract in addition to any subsequent actions.
- You are expected to provide reference and employment letters.
How to Apply:
Strong candidates are encouraged to apply through the application link and then send their up-to-date CV (including sections for scientific degrees, academic experience, research experience, and administrative experience) to FDentistry@aiu.edu.eg with the following subject “Applying for the open Operative Dentistry Faculty position at Faculty of Dentistry”.
*Deadline for application is 17 July 2022