The faculty of Arts & Design at AlAlamein International University (AIU) is opening a career opportunity for the following position:
– Assistant Lecturer, Department of Environmental Design: Interior Design Program
The Interior Design Program at the Department of Environmental Design is requesting a full-time job as Assistant Lecturer to begin Fall 2021.
The Candidate will supervise the work of students, provide advice on study skills, and help them with learning projects, Set and mark assignments under the guidance of the course instructor as well as assessing the work and progress of students by reference to defined criteria and provide constructive feedback to students.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaching load of 16-24 hours per week of tutorials and projects.
- Assistance in preparing studios, courses assignments, and answer keys for assignments under the guidance of the course instructor.
- Conducting research under the supervision of the existing Faculty members.
- Attending instructor’s lectures.
- Exams proctoring and attendance recording.
- Students’ academic advising.
- Assistance in grading assignments, quizzes, projects, and midterm exams.
- Interaction with the students using the discussion groups and forms on the LMS.
- Submission of an annual report with his/her achievements.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the upper administration.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in interior designing from faculty of Fine Arts, accredited university. Graduation grade should be at least very good with honors degree or equivalent, and very good in graduation project.
- Master’s Degree in interior designing dated 2019 / 2020 from an accredited university. Teaching experience is a plus.
- High presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent English language command (writing and speaking).
- Leadership, teaching and research skills and loyalty.
- Excellent computer skills (Proficient user of MS Office, Internet), additionally to (Adobe Photoshop, and Autodesk Software: AutoCAD, 3Ds MAX).
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team across both the education and service sectors.
- Ability to work positively and cooperatively with students, internal and external teams, and agencies.
- Proven ability, commitment, and passion for engaging in research activities.
- Male candidates should have the exemption/ end of military service certificate.
* Strong candidates are encouraged to apply through the application link and then send their up-to-date CV (including sections for scientific degrees, academic experience, research experience, and administrative experience) to email@example.com with the following subject “Applying for the open Faculty position at Faculty of Arts & Design”.