Alamein International University is looking for candidates to fulfill the following open position:
Finance Assistant / Associate Professor in the Faculty of Business
- Job Title: Finance Assistant/Associate Professor
- Job Location: Alamein International University, New Alamein City, Matrouh Governate
- Job Nature: Part-time (1-2 days weekly), with potential of future Full-Time appointment.
- Working Hours: 9am-4pm for 1-2 days weekly
- Contract Duration: one semester contract, renewable based on performance evaluation and university needs and with potential of yearly full-time contract.
The accepted applicant will be responsible for teaching Finance and business courses and conducting and promoting research in the University, in addition to accreditation and administrative work. The duties and responsibilities and minimum required qualifications are listed below.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Teaching 10-12 credit hours courses per semester for the Fall and Spring semesters and 3-4 credit hours in the Summer semester, including all related preparation, examination, and accreditation work.
- Hold office hours (face-to-face and/or online) to support students.
- Managing the course LMS contents.
- Supervise field training for undergraduate students.
- Prepare research proposals, attract research funding, and conduct research to establish a research group in the area of expertise. A reduced course load can be given in case of funding secured.
- Develop new academic courses when needed.
- Promote the Innovation and Entrepreneurship mission of the University.
- Contribute to advance the local and national community.
- Submit a report by the end of each semester with all his/her teaching, research, and community service achievements.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the upper administration.
- A recent Ph.D. degree in Finance from accredited university (preferable from USA or Canada).
- B.Sc. degree in Finance, Business Administration, or Accounting,
- Excellent teaching and research records in Finance.
- Knowledge about Accreditation process for business programs.
- Knowledge about using Student Information Systems and Learning Management Systems.
- Practical Experience is a plus.
- Experience in developing new courses.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Excellent English language command (writing and speaking).
Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview and presentation.
- Misrepresentation or omitting any facts relevant to the hiring process in your application and CV or during the interview may result in terminating the hiring process or the contract in addition to any subsequent actions.
- You are expected to provide reference and employment letters.
How to Apply:
Strong candidates are encouraged to apply through the application link and then send their up-to-date CV (including sections for scientific degrees, teaching experience, research experience, and administrative experience) in addition to supportive documents to email@example.com with the following subject “Applying for the open Faculty position at Faculty Business”.
*Deadline for application is 17 January 2023