The Faculty of Engineering Alamein International University (AIU) is seeking candidates to fulfill the following position:
Assistant/Associate Professor Position in Engineering (Communications)
- Job Title: Communication Engineering Assistant/Associate Professor
- Job Location: Alamein International University, New Alamein City, Matrouh Governate
- Job Nature: Full Time
- Working Hours: 9am-4pm, Sunday to Thursday
- Contract Duration: one year contract, renewable based on performance evaluation and university needs.
The Applicants shall be responsible for teaching courses and conducting and promoting research in the University, besides the accreditation and other administrative work. The duties and responsibilities and minimum required qualifications are listed below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching will represent 40-60% of the load, remaining load is for other duties.
- Hold office hours (face-to-face and/or online) to support students.
- Managing the course LMS contents.
- Supervise field training for undergraduate students.
- Prepare research proposals, attract research funding, and conduct research to establish a research group in the area of expertise. A reduced course load can be given in case of funding secured.
- Develop new academic courses when needed.
- Promote the Innovation and Entrepreneurship mission of the University.
- Contribute to advance the local and national communities.
- Submit a report by the end of each semester with all his/her teaching, research, and community service achievements.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the upper administration.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- A recent Ph.D. degree in Engineering from international/national accredited university in the field of Communication
- B.Sc. degree in Communication Engineering from accredited university.
- Excellent teaching and research record.
- Experience in developing new courses.
- Knowledge about Accreditation process.
- Outstanding portfolio that includes other experiences related to university functions and activities that may contribute to AIU’s success is a plus.
- Practical Experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Excellent English language command (writing and speaking).
- Applicant must hold Egyptian citizenship.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview and presentation that highlights his/her strengths and vision of how to contribute to AIU’s success.
- Misrepresentation or omitting any facts relevant to the hiring process in your application and CV or during the interview may result in terminating the hiring process or the contract in addition to any subsequent actions.
- You are expected to provide reference and employment letters.
How to Apply:
Strong candidates are encouraged to apply through the application link and then send their up-to-date CV (including sections for scientific degrees, academic experience, research experience, and administrative experience) to FEng@aiu.edu.eg with the following subject “Communications Assistant/Associate Professor Position in Faculty of Engineering”.
*Deadline for application is 21 July 2022