Alamein International University is looking for candidates to fulfill the following open Assistant / Associate Professor position in the Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering:
- Assistant / Associate Professor of Bioinformatics
- Assistant / Associate Professor of Cybersecurity
The Applicants shall be responsible for teaching computer science and engineering and/or bioinformatics courses and conducting and promoting research in the University, besides the accreditation and administrative work. The duties and responsibilities and minimum required qualifications are listed below.
- Job Title: Assistant/Associate Professor in Bioinformatics/Cybersecurity
- Job Location: Alamein International University, New Alamein City, Matrouh Governate
- Job Nature: Full Time
- Working Hours: 9am-4pm, 4/5 days per week
- Contract Duration: one year contract, renewable based on performance evaluation and university needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching 12-15 hours per semester for the Fall and Spring semesters and 3-5 hours in the Summer semester, including all related preparation, examination, and accreditation work.
- Preparing files for quality and accreditation
- Hold office hours (face-to-face and/or online) to support students.
- Managing the course LMS contents.
- Supervise field training for undergraduate students.
- Prepare research proposals, attract research funding, and conduct research to establish a research group in the area of expertise. A reduce course load can be given in case of funding is secured.
- Promote the Innovation and Entrepreneurship mission of the University.
- Contribute to the advancement of the local and national community.
- Submit a yearly report with all his/her teaching, research, and community service achievements.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the upper administration.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- A recent Ph.D. degree in Bioinformatics from an accredited university with B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent degree from accredited university for the Assistant / Associate Professor of Bioinformatics position.
- A recent Ph.D. degree in Cybersecurity from an accredited university with B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree from accredited university for the Assistant / Associate Professor of Cybersecurity position.
- Excellent teaching and research records in one or more of the following fields: Bioinformatics, Distributed Systems, Algorithms, Cybersecurity, and Artificial Intelligence are required.
- Knowledge about Accreditation process for Computer Science and Engineering programs.
- Outstanding portfolio that includes other experiences related to university functions and activities that may contribute to AIU’s success is a plus.
- Experience in developing new courses.
- Knowledge about using Student Information Systems and Learning Management Systems.
- Practical Experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Excellent English language command (writing and speaking).
- Applicant must hold Egyptian citizenship.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for interviews and presentations.
- Misrepresentation or omitting any facts relevant to the hiring process in your application and CV or during the interview may result in terminating the hiring process or the contract in addition to any subsequent actions.
- You are expected to provide reference and employment letters.
How to Apply:
Strong candidates are encouraged to apply through the application link below, this will require uploading an up-to-date CV (including sections for scientific degrees, academic experience, research experience, and administrative experience) .
*Deadline for application is 31 January 2024