Alamein International University is looking for candidates to fulfill the open Assistant / Associate Professor position in the Computer Science and Engineering and Artificial Intelligence Departments. The Applicants shall be responsible for teaching computer science and engineering and/or artificial intelligence courses and conducting and promoting research in the University, besides the accreditation and administrative work. The duties and responsibilities and minimum required qualifications are listed below. Strong candidates are encouraged to apply through the application link and then send their up-to-date CV (including sections for scientific degrees, academic experience, research experience, and administrative experience) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject “Applying for the open Faculty position at Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering”.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching 3-4 courses per semester for the Fall and Spring semesters and 1 course in the Summer semester, including all related preparation, examination, and accreditation work.
- Hold office hours (face-to-face and/or online) to support students.
- Managing the course LMS contents.
- Supervise field training for undergraduate students.
- Prepare research proposals, attract research funding, and conduct research to establish a research group in the area of expertise. A reduce course load can be given in case of funding secured.
Minimum Job Requirements
- A recent Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or similar field from accredited university in one of the following fields: Artificial Intelligence, Software Engineering, or Embedded Systems. Other fields can be considered in case of outstanding portfolio.
- B.Sc. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from accredited university
- Excellent teaching record in one or more of the following fields: Artificial Intelligence, Software Engineering, or Embedded Systems is required.
- Excellent research record in Artificial Intelligence and/or Embedded Systems is required.
- Knowledge about Accreditation process for Computer Science and Engineering programs.
- Practical Experience is a plus.
- Experience in developing new courses.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Excellent English language command (writing and speaking).