The Faculty of Pharmacy Alamein International University (AIU) is seeking candidates to fulfill the following position:
Assistant / Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice & Clinical Pharmacy
- We are searching for experienced individuals with proven ability to establish, develop, and teach social and administrative pharmacy courses to undergraduate PharmD students tailored to national and international curricular standards, as well as contribute to the development and execution of Experiential Learning Programs.
- The successful applicant will be expected to develop a vibrant, externally funded research program with a focus on translational potential.
- The successful candidate is expected to show a strong commitment to graduate training and will eventually be required to develop and contribute to a multi-disciplinary graduate studies program offering Master and PhD degrees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching 3-4 courses per semester for the Fall and Spring semesters and 1 course in the summer semester, including all related preparation, examination, and accreditation work.
- Holding office hours (face-to-face and/or online) to support students.
- Managing the course LMS contents.
- Supervising field training for undergraduate students.
- Preparing research proposals, attract research funding, and conduct research to establish a research group in the area of expertise. A reduced course load can be given in case of funding secured.
- Promoting the Innovation and Entrepreneurship mission of the University.
- Contributing to the development of the local and national community.
- Submitting a yearly report with all his/her teaching, research, and community service achievements.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the upper administration.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Applicants must have a PhD degree which fulfill criteria of supreme Council of Universities and be equivalent provided by Egyptian Universities.
- PhD degree in Social and Administrative Pharmacy from an internationally accredited school/faculty and a demonstrated ability to conduct original, innovative research with a solid track record of independent publications.
- Strong evidence of excellence in different teaching techniques including didactic lectures, team-based learning, and other modes of interactive pedagogy as well as being well-versed in developing course content, curricular development, content mapping and assessment methods on learning management systems are a must.
- The ideal candidate will have expertise both in quantitative and qualitative pharmaceutical health services research methods and demonstrate this through a strong track of publications addressing research areas of relevance to the Egyptian context.
- Strong technology skills (STATA, R, SPSS or other statistical analysis software) are preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in working as a faculty member.
- Experience with inter-professional education is preferred.
- Experience in working with international organizations and in serving as an editor for top-tiered international journals are preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and an interest in fostering collaborations with faculty members in the university and elsewhere are an asset.
- Demonstrated support for diversity and inclusion.
Strong candidates are encouraged to apply through the application link and then send their up-to-date CV (including sections for scientific degrees, academic experience, research experience, and administrative experience) to email@example.com with the following subject “Applying for the open Faculty position at Faculty of Pharmacy”.