Alamein International University is looking for candidates to fulfill the open Assistant/Associate Professor Position in The Department of Architecture Engineering.
- Job Title: Architecture Engineering Assistant/Associate professor
- Job Location: Alamein International University, New Alamein City, Matrouh Governate
- Job Nature: Full Time
- Working Hours: 9am-4pm, Sunday to Thursday
- Contract Duration: one year contract, renewable based on performance evaluation and university needs.
The Applicants shall be responsible for teaching Architectural Science and Engineering courses and conducting and promoting research in the University, besides the accreditation and administrative work. The duties and responsibilities and minimum required qualifications are listed below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching 10-12 credit hours per week in Fall/spring semesters and 3-4 credit hours course(s) in summer semester including all related preparation, examination, and accreditation work.
- Hold office hours (face-to-face and/or online) to support students.
- Managing the course LMS contents.
- Supervise field training for undergraduate students.
- Prepare research proposals, attract research funding, and conduct research to establish a research group in the area of expertise. A reduced course load can be given in case of funding secured.
- Develop new academic courses when needed.
- Promote the Innovation and Entrepreneurship mission of the University.
- Contribute to advance the local and national communities.
- Submit a report by the end of each semester with all his/her teaching, research, and community service achievements.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the upper administration.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- A recent Ph.D. degree in Architecture or similar field from international/national accredited university in one of the following fields: Environmental Architecture, Digital Architecture, History and Theories of Architecture, or Urban design other fields can be considered in case of outstanding portfolio.
- B.Sc. degree in Architecture Engineering from accredited university.
- Excellent teaching record in one or more of the following fields: Environmental Architecture, Digital Architecture, History and Theories of Architecture, or Urban design is required.
- Excellent research record in Architectural Science and Engineering is required.
- Knowledge about Accreditation process for Architecture programs.
- Additional valuable experience that relates to university activities and functions and may contribute to AIU’s success is a plus.
- Practical Experience is a plus.
- Experience in developing new courses.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Excellent English language command (writing and speaking).
Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview and presentation.
- Misrepresentation or omitting any facts relevant to the hiring process in your application and CV or during the interview may result in terminating the hiring process or the contract in addition to any subsequent actions.
- You are expected to provide reference and employment letters.
How to Apply:
Strong candidates are encouraged to apply through the application link and then send their up-to-date CV (including sections for scientific degrees, academic experience, research experience, and administrative experience) to FEng@aiu.edu.eg with the following subject “Assistant/Associate Professor Position in The Department of Architecture Engineering”.
*Deadline for application is 16 July 2022