Alamein International University (AIU) is seeking candidates to fulfill the following position:
Research Incubators Facility Manager
As a part of establishing a world-class research facility, AIU plans to start several Incubators laboratories including Genomics, Proteomics/Metabolomics, Environmental Research, Mammalian Cell Culture, and Microbiology facilities. We are searching for experienced individuals with proven ability to operate, maintain, and coordinate the usage of various types of scientific research equipment including, but not limited to, NMR, LC/MS, GC/MS, NGS sequencers, HPLC, spectrophotometers, Spectro fluorometers, biosafety cabinets, mammalian cell and prokaryotic cell incubators, and regular and fluorescent microscopes. The successful applicant will be expected to develop standard operational procedures for the usage of all the components of the facility as well as follow up on the correct operation and maintenance. Occasionally, the facility manager will be required to hold training and certification sessions for users from different AIU departments and from outside institutions. The successful candidate is expected to show a strong commitment to scientific research and will eventually be required to develop and contribute to a multi-disciplinary scientific research projects. We especially encourage applications from candidates with both industry and academic backgrounds capable of implementing high standards of research laboratory operations.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Management of the day-to-day operations of the Research Incubators Facility (Ordering chemicals and supplies, arranging waste disposal services and procedures, preparation of laboratory budgets, forecasting of laboratory needs, estimation of service cost,…etc.)
- Development and updating of standard operational procedures of all facility equipment
- Ongoing communication with laboratory equipment suppliers for the purposes of periodic maintenance, certification, and follow up on the efficiency of the equipment
- Conducting periodic training sessions for the facility users and certification of the users for equipment operation
- Communication with various stakeholders in the community including other research institutions, universities, and industrial partners to advertise and market the research incubators capabilities and services to be offered for a fee
- Prepare and submit regular operational and financial reports on the facility
- The desired candidates must have a PhD degree in a related discipline preferably in Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry or relevant area.
- Successful candidates will have at least five years of experience of extensive hands-on work on high-precision instrumentation as indicated above
- A solid track record of contribution to scientific research is required
- Knowledge of principles of good laboratory practice (GLP) is a must
- Experience in laboratory management is desired
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, and an interest in fostering collaborations with faculty members in the university and elsewhere are an asset.
Salary and benefits are offered in accordance with the pertinent policies and laws.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply through the application link and then send a cover letter, their detailed curriculum vitae, a brief statement of research interests, and contact information for three references to email@example.com .