The program consists of courses with a total number of 187 credit hours and graduation requires the completion of the following requirements:
– University requirements: 20 credit-hour compulsory courses distributed over the years of study.
– Field Requirements: Success in all compulsory courses specified in the study plan, which equal 166 hours.
The curriculum of AIU University is designed to ensure the quality and efficiency of university graduates when practicing the profession. This approach covers all complex behaviors and skills such as: knowledge, experience, critical analytical thinking, problem solving skills, professionalism, ethical values, procedural and technical skills. Accordingly, the University has developed twenty standards of competency which will be detailed and used to measure the development of student performance in the program.
Graduates are expected to:
– Have full knowledge of the condition of the patient and how to evaluate, diagnose and refer the case to the exact specialization.
– Be aware of the treatment plan for each case.
– Have full knowledge of communication skills and team working to prevent oral diseases and to proceed and improve oral and public health in the community.
– Be familiar with the methods of prevention and management of oral and dental emergency treatment.
– Diagnose and restore damaged teeth and perform esthetic operations.
– Be proficient in the prosthetic treatment that includes the insertion, removal and implantation of teeth.
– Do the required treatment of gingival, mucosal, and oral bony diseases.
– Collect diagnostic information for the treatment planning and perform of simple oral operations.
– Respect all the professional ethics governing the relationship with the patient and regulating the rules of practice profession.
– Be fully aware of all methods utilized to prevent infection and the transmission of it to patients or to the doctor’s staff, assistants and laboratory technicians.
– Be fully aware of patient caring systems, including the application of all scientific rules and following all effective procedures in dealing with the patient needs and requests.
- General Dentist
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
- Conservative Dentist
- Oral & Maxillofacial prosthodontist
- Oral Radiologist