Prof. Dr. Essam ElKordi – President of Alamein International University (AIU), inaugurated the international conference IBRO-MENA 202 which is held in cooperation with the International Brain Research Organization (IBRO) under the title:
“Disentangling the Crosstalk Web Between Metabolic Dysfunction and Neurodegenerative Pathways on Alzheimer’s Disease: Insights into Sex-dependent differences” In the presence of Prof. Dr. Mona Abdel Latif – Director of the Scientific Research City, Prof. Dr. Sherine Helmy – Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors of Pharco Pharmaceuticals, Prof. Dr. Mohamed Rashad – Deputy Director of the Scientific Research City, Prof. Dr. Mohamed Onsi – Alexandria Pharmacists Syndicate, Prof. Dr. Hisham Gaber – Academic Vice President of Alamein International University (AIU) , Prof. Dr. Khadija Ismail – Dean of the Faculty of Pharmacy at Alamein International University (AIU), Deans of Faculties and Directors of Programs at Alamein International University and Prof. Dr. Ahmed El Yazbi – Chairman of the Organizing Committee of the International Organization for Brain Research Conference.
The event began with a welcoming speech from Prof. Dr. Essam Elkordi – President of the University, followed by a speech by Prof. Dr. Khadija Ismail – Dean of the Faculty of Pharmacy at Alamein International University, announcing the launch of the conference sessions and workshops that it includes, which will be from 9.00 am till 4.00 pm throughout the week, with the participation of a selection of international experts and specialists in the field of pharmacy.
The first day of the conference witnesses several sessions and workshops:
- A lecture entitled “Hepatitis C Elimination by 2030” presented by Dr. Sherine Helmy – CEO of PHARCO Pharmaceuticals.
- A lecture entitled “Translational Paths in Cardiovascular Physiology: From Cells to Patients” presented by Prof. Ahmed Al-Yazbi – Alamein International University (AIU)
- A lecture entitled “Click Chemistry and Innovative Multi-target Ligands for Neuroinflammatory Conditions” presented by Prof. Dr. Ahmed Bilal – Alexandria University.
- A lecture entitled “Feeding the Brain in Health and Disease” presented by Prof. Dr. Omar Obeid – The American University of Beirut.
- A lecture entitled “Common Techniques in Molecular Neuropharmacology” presented by Prof. Dr. Khaled Abdel Rahman – University of Ottawa, Canada.
- A lecture entitled “Recent Methods for Studying Neurovascular Coupling” presented by Prof. Dr. Osama Harraz – University of Vermont, USA.
The conference comes as an extension of Alamein International University (AIU) continuous efforts in human building and contributing to the society development in addition to building partnerships and extending bridges of communication with the largest educational institutions around the world as a huge number of international students, researchers and lecturers of different nationalities are participating in the conference: Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Tunisia, Morocco, USA, Canada, UK and Spain.