Alamein International University is looking for candidates to fulfill the following open Assistant / Associate Professor position in the Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering.
- One Assistant / Associate Professor of Cyber Security
- One Assistant / Associate Professor of Embedded Systems
- Two Assistant / Associate Professor of Artificial Intelligence
- One Assistant / Associate Professor of Software Engineering
- Job Title: Assistant/Associate professor
- Job Location: Alamein International University, New Alamein City, Matrouh Governate
- Job Nature: Full Time
- Working Hours: 9am-4pm, Sunday to Thursday
- Contract Duration: one year contract, renewable based on performance evaluation and university needs.
The Applicants shall be responsible for teaching computer science and engineering and/or artificial intelligence courses and conducting and promoting research in the University, besides the accreditation and administrative work. The duties and responsibilities and minimum required qualifications are listed below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching 10-12 credit hours courses per semester for the Fall and Spring semesters and 3-4 credit hours in the Summer semester, including all related preparation, examination, and accreditation work.
- Hold office hours (face-to-face and/or online) to support students.
- Managing the course LMS contents.
- Supervise field training for undergraduate students.
- Prepare research proposals, attract research funding, and conduct research to establish a research group in the area of expertise. A reduce course load can be given in case of funding secured.
- Develop new academic courses when needed.
- Promote the Innovation and Entrepreneurship mission of the University.
- Contribute to advance the local and national community.
- Submit a report by the end of each semester with all his/her teaching, research, and community service achievements.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the upper administration.
Minimum Job Requirements
- A recent Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or similar field from accredited university in one of the following fields: Cyber Security, Embedded Systems, Artificial Intelligence, or Software Engineering.
- B.Sc. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent degree from accredited university. For the Assistant / Associate Professor of Embedded Systems position, B.Sc. degree in Electrical and electronic engineering or equivalent degree is also acceptable.
- Excellent teaching and research records in one or more of the following fields: Cyber Security, Embedded Systems, Artificial Intelligence, or Software Engineering is required.
- Knowledge about Accreditation process for Computer Science and Engineering programs.
- Knowledge about using Student Information Systems and Learning Management Systems.
- Practical Experience is a plus.
- Experience in developing new courses.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Excellent English language command (writing and speaking).
Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview and presentation.
- Misrepresentation or omitting any facts relevant to the hiring process in your application and CV or during the interview may result in terminating the hiring process or the contract in addition to any subsequent actions.
- You are expected to provide reference and employment letters.
How to Apply:
Strong candidates are encouraged to apply through the application link and then send their up-to-date CV (including sections for scientific degrees, academic experience, research experience, and administrative experience) to FCSE@aiu.edu.eg with the following subject “Applying for the open Faculty position at Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering”.
*Deadline for application is 11 July 2022